#1 FrankAZ OFFLINE  

FrankAZ

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 AM
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:25 PM

Hello,

I am unable to select between TV Show | Seasons while navigating Emby for WMC through a Ceton Echo extender.

Everything works fine when using Emby for WMC directly on the HTPC, using Emby-Android on an Amazon FireTV, using Chrome browser, Emby Theater, and Emby-Android on an Android cellphone.

Further details....

I have multiple TV shows, most with multiple seasons, stored in a library identified as type 'TV'. On other clients including Emby-for-WMC on the HTPC I am able to navigate through my libraries and into TV Shows, etc all the way down to episodes before playing. On the Emby-for-WMC client accessed through an extender (Ceton Echo) I am able to navigate to the TV show and select it so that the seasons are illustrated. I am also able to select the presented default Season 1 and play episodes there. Seasons 2..N are visible (with artwork), but Seasons 2..N cannot be scrolled to (left/right buttons) much less selected. The errant behavior is exhibited for all TV Shows. Left/Right scrolling in other elements of the GUI works.

I have not used the Ceton Echo extender for playing Emby content for the last month or two so cannot definitively ascribe the behavior to a particular update version. In recent months I have added to the libraries, utilized Windows Update on all machines, and kept my Emby server and clients up-to-date (dev builds). It used to work several months ago. My Emby Server is now 3.1.114.0 (Windows Server 2012); my Emby for WMC is 3.0.307.

I have restarted everything in sight, cleaned the server database, and refreshed the library for a few representative TV Shows.

If this report doesn't elicit a 'known bad behavior' comment I will reproduce in a clean restart and post logs for server and WMC client. This is affecting Mrs FrankAZ so I am motivated to fix it.

Thanks,

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 47023 posts
  • Local time: 04:40 AM

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

What theme are you using?

Sounds like maybe not Chocolate - or you turned off the special TV display?

#3 FrankAZ OFFLINE  

FrankAZ

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 AM
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

I found time to explore. Yes, it was an artifact of the Neo theme. Chocolate did not exhibit the same behavior and i have now adopted Chocolate on my HTPC and Echo extender. Family retraining underway...

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Echo, Seasons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users