Photo Libraries

PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

Hi

Evaluating Emby and liking what i see.

I have a few questions about Photo Libraries

I am using version 3.0.6060.0 for windows (on win 10 pro x64)

1) Are photo libraries quite a new feature as there appears to be little or no WIKI/How To entries on them? Have searched the forum but not much info either.

2) When you enter a library and say select/open a photo after a few seconds (5?) the next photo will show - BUT - it is not the next photo by the sort order say file name - it appears random or its using some other order - is this a bug or is there somewhere you can control this?

3) If you have a photo library of just a single folder with no sub folders the "menu" options of select view/sort/filter do not appear - bug or by design? If a folder has a sub directory and you enter the options are available

4) There appears to be no way to resize the slideshow photos to scale to the screen size?

5) Some exif tags appears to be imported is there a list of what tags emby looks for?

I have tried on Android (Fire HD6) and windows via chrome and the behaviour is the same

Any pointers would be good

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, are you still seeing random sorting? I cannot reproduce this. Photos should be scaling to screen size in the slideshow. Are you really not seeing that?

PenkethBoy

Hi Luke

I will have to check as do not have photo libraries at he moment i will report back once i have added one and db updated

PenkethBoy

Scaling in the latest dev appears to work now 3.1.6093.3334

random display of photo's is still happening

pick any photo - double click to display - wait for next photo and it will be a random one from same directory - tried on two different machines looking at same library and different libraries both with chrome version 53.0.2785.89

this database is not the same as before as original was manually deleted and then recreated by the system - have recreated database 3-4 times since starting this thread

current database has never had photos in before

Just tried with different sort options and the random second picture is consistent to a degree if you use the same starting picture

List of files sorted by name used to create part of the library

post-134563-0-55171500-1473196966_thumb.jpg

Order they show in emby - in "red" numbers order of first three files that show up in slide show mode

post-134563-0-36426900-1473196982_thumb.jpg

file names are img_20130125_224726.jpg then img_20130125_230331.jpg then img_20130125_225235.jpg - these are files from my old android phone but the behaviour is the same for other directories with photos created by other people with different cameras

can upload the images if you want but not in open forum so give me another option and you can have a look to see if there is anything odd about them but i would be surprised 

PenkethBoy

Oops - last night dev broke photo slide shows - just get a big white x in middle of screen