Docker Bridge vs DLNA

anderbytes

anderbytes

Hi. Has anyone successfully enabled DLNA in Emby via Docker and has Bridge networking configured instead of Host networking?

I follow all the instructions but DLNA is NEVER visible from outside the container.

If I change networking to HOST, then everything works fine.

• 2 months later...
anderbytes

Is it possible that nobody else runs Docker in bridge mode and had DLNA finding issues as me?

• 1 year later...
appoli

I am having the same issue - freenas 11.1 with the pre-packaged rancheros/docker VM template.

installed the emby docker container and DLNA isn't working for me. I thought I used "bridge" for the network option, but I'm not sure.

anyway, everything else works fine, the only issue is DLNA which I'd really like to figure out. I used DLNA to access emby via VLC player on my iOS devices. As everyone knows we can't use the emby app to download media on iOS devices yet so DLNA was pretty key. I used to use VLC/DLNA on occasion before the new appletv app came out, but since then this hasn't been as massive an issue...

note: I'm using NFS shares with the hopes of slightly better performance (still not as good as it was with FreeNAS corral...) which isn't supported by the file manager apps that I do use. And even with SMB VLC can't download the files for some reason...

thanks!

appoli

Thanks Luke! Just gave Host network mode a whirl & it worked.

Would you be able to explain why bridge didn't work? 

When on FreeNAS Corral bridged was the one that did work (but I suppose that may have been a custom network created?) or is this a difference between boot2docker vs rancher?

thanks!

mastrmind11

fwiw, i had issues locally w/ bridge mode recognizing server/user.  I switched to host and everthing was fixed.  I'm behind an nginx rp if that fits the bill.