Problem Starting Emby after Shutdown from Web App

sea3pea0
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

sea3pea0

If I shutdown emby from the web app, I can't start it from the synology package manager. I recently started experiencing this problem after updating from beta 3.1.105.0 to 3.1.106.0. However, if I shut down emby from the synology package manager, it will start back up from the package manager just fine

Here are the server logs from the point the shutdown command was issued in the web app.

This is what I am seeing in the start-stop-status log when I try and start emby:

[2016-08-17 23:06:45 UTC] Script called with action [status]...
[2016-08-17 23:06:45 UTC] >> PID file [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/embysvr.pid] does not exist.
[2016-08-17 23:06:45 UTC] >> Emby Server is not running.
[2016-08-17 23:06:45 UTC] >> Exit status is [3].

I am running emby version 3.1.106.0 on a synology Ds412+ running DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 2
Edited by sea3pea0

Try removing the kodi sync plugin and let us know if the issue persists with just the core server. Thanks.

Good day,

Good idea to send log to James, but I faced that before and simple re booting your nas will fix the issue.

My best

solabc16

Morning

Rebooting is a 'fix', but I would like to find out the root cause and resolve this properly.

A reboot is disruptive, especially if the NAS is being used for multiple other purposes.

- James

• Solution
solabc16

Hello @sea3pea0

This issue is resolved in releases 3.0.6060.0-15 (stable) and 3.1.113.0-2 (beta), which are available on the beta channel.

Best

- James

Morning

Rebooting is a 'fix', but I would like to find out the root cause and resolve this properly.

A reboot is disruptive, especially if the NAS is being used for multiple other purposes.

- James

True buddy, but no user if the program not running, unless it mainly share folders matters, then yes :)

Well my suggestion that he make his emby running while waiting for help after providing the log.

sea3pea0

Thanks it is fixed now. @@solabc16 I would've sent the logs but I have since updated and no longer have this problem. If I run into it again I will send logs. @@Abobader Thanks, yea I figured out by restarting the NAS, I was able to get emby running again when I was having the problem.