There was an error playing the video

stratumorien

stratumorien

Update: Disabling Hardware Acceleration - Intel Quick Sync fixes playback. I know that the option is labeled experimental, does this mean it doesn't necessarily work? The specs on this device from synology and the processor specs from intel claim support for hardware encoding.

Update: Disabling Hardware Acceleration - Intel Quick Sync fixes playback. I know that the option is labeled experimental, does this mean it doesn't necessarily work? The specs on this device from synology and the processor specs from intel claim support for hardware encoding.

It means that the experience with the feature is going to vary from one operating system to another, one device to another, and at this point we're not yet going to have all the answers about it. By labeling it as experimental we are hoping to encourage community members to help us improve it.

stratumorien

thanks,hopefully my log can help. :) No trying to sort out playback of live tv using media portal. That's a new thread

stratumorien

Hi @@solabc16

Sure, I don't mind testing hardware transcoding on my Synology for you. I have since moved my servers back to the NUC and can test on Synology without disrupting my family. :)

Brian

Edited by stratumorien

stratumorien

I have installed Emby on my Synology today using 3.0.6200. Enabling hardware transcoding for QuickSync result in the same behavior. (Spinning Circle that doesnt stop).  Regardless of this I have then continued to configure libraries and playback of media (HD 1080) is great with ~20% CPU usage for ffmpeg process.

however,

I purchased a HD HomeRun Prime yesterday (ceton support is long gone) and Emby has found the device on the network. Guide populates via Schedules DDirect just fine. I am trying to play Live TV but get error msg up playback. Logs are attached. 

Log.txt

transcode.txt

Edited by stratumorien

stratumorien

Yes, quick sync turned off and throttling enabled results in playback of LiveTV but quickly freezes as the CPU pegs maximum due to ffmpeg transcode.

stratumorien

Furthermore, emby server running on Intel NUC bevaes as expected shen changing transcode option (confirms, "settings saved"). Playback performs well also.

stratumorien

well done? Forgive the typos, big thumbs on small phone keyboard. If I can contribute any further let me know.