Sync ate my entire data plan

icthusman1

icthusman1

I set a TV episode on Sync to test out the new Emby app on my Lumia 950 XL. The episode was ~3.5GBs. It never finished over multiple days and ate through 10GBs of cellular data and ~23GBs on Wi-Fi. I now have an extra $30 on my cellular plan because AT&T auto added 2 1GB data buckets in the middle of the night as Emby chewed through data.

@@7illusions while I love the new app, this has got to be fixed ASAP!!!!! I have now deleted the Sync job so I don't get anymore charges this month.

!57b32e426d8e5_wp_ss_20160816_0001.png

57b32e5f6837e_wp_ss_20160816_0002.png

7illusions

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will look at it at once and see what's wrong.

7illusions

Found part of the problem, and a fix. But will need some more debugging to figure out why it hasn't finished the file transfer.

icthusman1

Found part of the problem, and a fix. But will need some more debugging to figure out why it hasn't finished the file transfer.

Good to hear. Is there also a switch you could add to not allow sync on limited data plans/sync on Wi-Fi only? That would have prevented this whole issue.

7illusions

New version, 4.0.101, is rolling out in store.

Should fix the transfer issue and has the "Only sync on local network"-option.

• Like 3

icthusman1

New version, 4.0.101, is rolling out in store.

Should fix the transfer issue and has the "Only sync on local network"-option.

I assume that is a fancy way of saying "only sync on Wi-Fi"? Or does it mean only when on your Emby server's home network?

Also, I created a separate thread for this that has seen no response so I will post it here as well. Can you fix this on mobile?

57b7221e028b7_wp_ss_20160819_0001.png

7illusions

Well, on mobile it means only wifi. ;) On a laptop with Cellular, wifi and wired connection it means wifi or wired..

Yes, that issue is on my todo list.. But tapping the header instead of swiping makes it look ok, which puzzles me..

icthusman1

Well, on mobile it means only wifi. ;) On a laptop with Cellular, wifi and wired connection it means wifi or wired..

Yes, that issue is on my todo list.. But tapping the header instead of swiping makes it look ok, which puzzles me..

That makes sense. Now I get why you named it that way.

Huh, that's kind of funny. Also just noticed that the update this morning reset my Sync path.