Ignore .bts & .sync files

sea3pea0
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

sea3pea0

I use bit torrent sync to sync folders in my media browser library. The library monitor constantly records the changes of these files as they are modified by bit torrent sync (emby v 3.1.106.0). It would be nice if it would ignore those files. Also I noticed that if doing a library scan while .bts files are present they would get added into the library (emby v 3.0.6060). It would be nice if .bts files were also ignored while running a library scan. I know syncthing uses .sync as an extension, it would probably be good to have those ignored too if that's not already the case. Some logs here

Edited by sea3pea0

How do those get added to the library? We don't have anything that is looking for those extensions. I can update the library monitor.

sea3pea0

It could have been a one time glitch of some sort or maybe something changed in the beta releases, since this only happened to me on 3.0.6060 and it only happened once that I've noticed.

As far as the library monitor continuously reporting the changes to the .bts files, is this something that can be fixed without too much trouble? Also I am curious as to what kind of impact you think this might have on system resources other than there being many, many log entries? As I am running emby on a Synology DS 412+ with only 1gb ram and little processing power any little bit of spared resources helps

Yes it will be changed. How much stress it might be causing now depends on how active those other processes are.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
solabc16

This is now resolved in stable package release 3.0.7000.0-1 and beta package release 3.1.143.0-1-beta.

- James