Bug: Delete Collection

Lane03

Lane03

I noticed a bug today that worries me. I do not allow my users to delete, but I found a way using the Roku app where I can get the option to delete - but only for collections. To reproduce, open up a movie library that contains both collections and individual titles. Now when you see the list of movies click on one title as if you were going to play it. Now instead of playing the movie you selected, click the right arrow on the remote and scroll until you get to a collection. When you get to the collection, you will only see a "more" button. Click on that, and then you will see the option to delete the collection.

post-150221-0-45719300-1471213641_thumb.jpg

@@Lane03

https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBlueNeon

Add the app above. Info about it below:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24151-theme-blue-neon-night/

In this app, delete is disabled by default. You must login as administrator and enable delete in the preferences of the app. Only an administrator can enable delete. There is never a delete button offered for anything by default.

The reason this happens is because collections arent actually considered media. They also arent assigned to a particular user like playlists are which protects them against delete.

Edited by speechles

Lane03

Speechles, I think your tablet forgot to post your message, as all I see is your signature.

Edited by Lane03

Speechles, I think your tablet forgot to post your message, as all I see is your signature.

Yeah tapatalk is sometimes.. frustratingly, annoyingly, and just broken.. but I paid for the app so I feel cheated if I dont use it. I edited my post above. Edited by speechles

Lane03

Will do. Is Neon going to replace the official Roku app, and if not, will the official Roku version be updated to correct it?

Will do. Was this bug already known, and will the official Roku version be updated to correct it?

Yes it is known. It also happens in the web client, and any app that doesnt have delete protection. As far as I am aware, the blue neon roku app and kodi are the only ones protecting your collections from delete.

When the sever fixes the issue, which is what causes it, it fixes it in all apps. The delete button is only shown when an item returns candelete is true. For collections this always returns true presently. Perhaps this thread will put the priority level higher to fix this issue.

The blue neon app, is my special contribution for roku users that visit the forum. It is community driven, meaning features evolve from users like yourself. So it isnt meant to replace the official app, it is a sister to it. Both apps can be on your homescreen at the same time.

Edited by speechles

Lane03

Thanks for the great info, help, and fast replies. I'm playing around with Neon and it definitely has a lot more features. The color scheme might take some getting used to though - lol. EDIT: Just saw you can change the colors. Very nice.

FYI, the bug I described above is still present on Neon with settings set to No under "allow delete".

post-150221-0-83084800-1471214995_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane03

Ever had one of those... caught with your pants down moments.. I just have..

DeleteAll = firstOf(RegRead("prefDelAll"), "1")

This was the problem. In the videospringboard itself. The default is supposed to have a 0, but when adding this feature, in this spot it was never changed to 0. This meant, if you never changed the setting to "NO" or "YES" yet and chose. It would choose yes. This is obviously wrong. I've now corrected it to assume 0 if you never chose. This fixes that problem.

I've updated the app on the roku store as well. If you update your roku via Settings >> System >> System Update >> Check Now it should download the fixed app. Thank you as well for helping find a bug. :)

Edited by speechles

Lane03

Thank you for the fast reply and fix! I'm really digging emby so far. I've been using Plex for years and just found out about emby yesterday. Each has it's pros and cons when compared to each other, but I especially like how emby handles user profiles and collections (this is a huge improvement over Plex).