Series Recordings not all being scheduled

kanipek

kanipek

Version 3.0.6060.0

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

I am seeing some odd behavior when scheduling series recordings. I am using schedules direct for my EPG data and I have had to make use of the new guide mapping feature to get the correct info displayed for each channel. This is all working great. I became a Premiere member as well.

What I am having problems with is series recordings actually getting recorded. I am just testing so these recordings not happening is not critical. But what I am seeing is not all the series I have set to record are showing up on the recordings tab (see attached screenshot). Some are, some are not.

I had setup a test with MASH, NCIS Los Angeles, Star Trek The Next Generation and Miami Vice and as you can see in the attached screenshot only two of those showed up. Does not seem to be any logic to the missing ones - like a specific channel or what have you.  I followed the exact same steps for setting each up. I can say that for the series that do not show up I do not get the red series recording icon when I set them up and for the ones that are working I do get that icon immediately after I complete the setup. I can record these missing programs as individual (non series) recordings.

I have duplicated this problem several times using web UI via chrome v51.0.2704.84 and IE v11 and via the android app.

So I am at a loss as to what is going on. I have attached the latest log. If I can provide any further info I am happy to do so, Testing I am happy to do that as well.

server-63606626166.txt

post-127390-0-13208100-1471044981_thumb.jpg

do you by any chance already have the episodes that are going to be airing? it currently checks the season and episode numbers of the program and will skip any that are already in your library.

kanipek

Wow. That is an interesting point Luke. I could not swear that I do but I may.

I did some testing. It appears that you are correct.

Is there any way to work around this? For re-recording etc.

Edited by kanipek

Well unfortunately for now we don't have settings to control it but it's something we plan to add. In the meantime you would have to just take the others out of your library, or temporarily blank out episode numbers as a way of fooling it.

• Like 1

kanipek

Thank you for the answer Luke. Not what I wanted to hear but I can wait!

kanipek

Do you know if I go ahead and setup recordings for the fall season, if they will be scheduled as they show up in the guide?

• 5 weeks later...
kanipek

Thought of another question.

Can I delete (or perhaps tell Emby to ignore them via a .ignore) folders from the Emby library and have those folders (actually the shows within them) still show up and be playable within Kodi? or will deleting/ignoring them call Kodi to be re-synced showing them as no longer there?

Once again thanks for reading and any help you can provide!! I am loving recording with Emby works pretty well!

Hi, not really, unless you're willing to use different emby users with different apps and control it that way with user control. aside from that you'd have to take it out of your emby library and just add it to kodi directly.

• 4 weeks later...
kanipek

I see an interesting new check box on each series page - "Skip episodes that are already in my library" Will this allow me to re-record episodes if left unchecked??? :) :) :)

kanipek

The "Skip episodes that are already in my library" feature is not working for me.

I have removed the .ignore in the folder for the series I wish to re-record. Cleared the check mark for "Skip episodes that are already in my library", Cleaned/Scanned the library. The series is in my guide - but it is showing the new gray "won't record" icon in the grid.

I have even deleted and re-added the "Series" recording entry.

Am I missing something? Or?

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide!!

kanipek

I am trying to re-record episodes of an existing series. Emby won't record an episode if it already sees it in your library. Rather than deleting that series from the library I chose to add an .ignore file in the series folder root. Problem solved I can now use Emby to re-record that series. I can't continue to view those episodes in Kodi via the library, but they are still available to view via Files in Kodi, not a perfect solution but it works.

The "Skip episodes that are already in my library" option if left un-checked sounds like it will allow re-recording of episodes already in the library. Is that correct? No need to use an .ignore file, just uncheck that option is that right?

Anyway what I was trying to say is if that is the way "Skip episodes that are already in my library" is supposed to work then I have not been able to get "Skip episodes that are already in my library" (left unchecked) to work.

If I delete the .ignore and the library is now seeing the episode I want to re-record what I am seeing in the Guide and on the Series page is the gray series recording icon instead of the red series recording icon. Gray from what I read means it exists so it will not record.

I have attached screen shots to hopefully clarify what I am seeing. I did manually set one episode to record that is why it is appearing red.

I am happy to continue using the .ignore files when I need to. Just thought that you should be aware of what I am seeing.

Thanks for reading and any help!

post-127390-0-29318900-1476642400_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-91689300-1476642615_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-65260100-1476642631_thumb.jpg

kanipek

I actually did it both ways removed the .ignore, re scanned library, added series record unchecked the "skip..." box and unchecked the "skip..." box in series record, deleted the .ignore and let emby rescan on it own. Same result.

Also deleted the series record items from series and added a new one.

I am happy to re do those checks or any others you suggest.

Thanks for reading and any help!