Feature Request: Keyword Wishlist Recording

kanipek

bungee91

I know there's at least 3 posts for this same feature, uncertain which would be the most appropriate/followed at this point (merge?).

This has been working really well so far, however can you make the keyword type multi-select so that you can set it for potentially all 3 selections (title, episode title, and overview) for a single keyword? I needed to make two separate entries for Chicago Bears as an example (one works for the games, the other picks up pregame shows, etc.).

Also, recommend a default icon or image for the keyword recording box in the series recording listing. I think they should be differentiated somehow from the usual series recording.

23 minutes ago, bungee91 said:

I know there's at least 3 posts for this same feature, uncertain which would be the most appropriate/followed at this point (merge?).

This has been working really well so far, however can you make the keyword type multi-select so that you can set it for potentially all 3 selections (title, episode title, and overview) for a single keyword? I needed to make two separate entries for Chicago Bears as an example (one works for the games, the other picks up pregame shows, etc.).

Also, recommend a default icon or image for the keyword recording box in the series recording listing. I think they should be differentiated somehow from the usual series recording.

Hi, yes multiple keywords are certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

21 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes multiple keywords are certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

I think he's asking not for multiple keywords but multiple search targets for one keyword...

@bungee91 please clarify.  Thanks.

bungee91
3 hours ago, ebr said:

I think he's asking not for multiple keywords but multiple search targets for one keyword...

@bungee91 please clarify.  Thanks.

Correct, and @ebr appreciate your clarification. One keyword entry with multi-select on the form for areas to search for it (title, episode title, and overview). Even if it triggers up to 3 separate searches on the backend, to the user you have one keyword entry and you select which areas to find it to schedule the recording. I hope it is a straightforward thing to implement, as I think this should be the design of the implementation by default for this use case.

Edited by bungee91

gillmacca01

I would like to be able to include genre along with the keywords. Would filter results even further

• 4 weeks later...
bungee91

The logic for selecting which occurrence to record if multiple for the same episode seems to be not as intended.

I have a keyword for Chicago Bears for Episode Title, and the game Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns is scheduled to air on Saturday on 2 channels from 6pm-9pm, and scheduled to air on Sunday as well on another channel from 7pm-10pm. By default it scheduled the Sunday game, and not the initial Saturday game. That's certainly backwards. To resolve for now I just removed the station that has the later airing planned, as that channel is very unlikely to have the live game in the real season. 

See attachment for settings for this series. As stated I recently removed the likely to re-air station and it updated to pick the Saturday game correctly.

Series settings.png

bungee91

One more that is likely more Guide data incorrect, than specifically keyword recording.

I have a keyword type for Overview for Elon Musk, don't record episodes that are in my library selected. Upcoming is "Nasa & SpaceX: Journey to the Future" with what seems to be the exact same description. Both are currently scheduled to record. 

Keyword Elon Musk.png

• 1 month later...

The 4.8 release will have the WMC-like preview I've been wanting to add, so that when you setup the recording you can get an idea of what items will match your keyword:

image.png

• Like 3

bungee91

That's fantastic, thanks Luke! Any chance you've considered adding the request I discussed above, specifically "One keyword entry with multi-select on the form for areas to search for it (title, episode title, and overview)."? 

• 2 weeks later...
bungee91
On 10/15/2022 at 1:41 PM, bungee91 said:

That's fantastic, thanks Luke! Any chance you've considered adding the request I discussed above, specifically "One keyword entry with multi-select on the form for areas to search for it (title, episode title, and overview)."? 

@Luke any thoughts on continuing efforts to improve upon the keyword based improvements? Or do you not feel this suggestion is needed?