Anime Plug-In Issue: Not respecting internet provider lock

Starkadius
Go to solution Solved by Aphid,

Starkadius

@Aphid

Earlier this week I wanted to add the anime specific genres to each show and what I found was that almost all the series had their episode metadata overwritten. For example the Dragon Ball collection, I have each series (Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT) in their own series folder but the plugin assumes that the seasons located in Dragon Ball are the DBZ and DBGT so it gives it wrong episode metadata. I realized this too late the way it expects the multi show series to be organized like Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Digimon etc.

I spent the week putting the metadata back for all my shows and then locked everything. Then I saw the new features added to the updated plugin "move excess genres to tags" and "tidy plugin". Thank you for that by the way, really appreciate it. So with that I decided I was going to add all those new genres to the shows but I proceeded to unlock only the series.xml (parent level) and the episodes contained "  <LockData>true</LockData>". On the metadata editor in media browser web client it would show the seasons and episodes as locked but not the series folder which is what I wanted in order to fetch the new genres. Well I ran a refresh and when it was all over I found that the metadata for all the episodes were changed again.

• Solution

I'm very sorry about that. I think I found what has caused it and hopefully fixed it in 1.0.5124.4304. I would advise testing it on a single episode/season first before running it on everything, just in case.

As for series organisation, are you saying that you have some of your series organised into multiple seasons?

e.g:

Dragon Ball/Season 1

Dragon Ball/Season 2

Dragon Ball Z/Season 1

etc..

The plugin assumes that you are following the convention that AniDB, MAL, ANN, and the release groups generally use, whereby a series does not have seasons. For example, AniDB lists "Dragon Ball" as having 153 episodes. If you put all DB episodes in the Dragon Ball folder, named s01e01 to s01e153, it should tag them correctly.

When you have multiple season folders under a single series, the plugin assumes that you are organising sequels as new seasons after the original series.

e.g:

"Dragon Ball" -> Dragon Ball\Season 1

"Dragon Ball Z" -> Dragon Ball\Season 2

"Dragon Ball GT" -> Dragon Ball\Season 3

I don't watch any of the big long running shounen series, so I never realised before that those are (at least on TVDB) organised into seasons. I'll try and find some way of handling that, but I don't think I'll be able to automate it.

Edited by Aphid
  • Like 1

Starkadius

Thank you for clarifying how to organize those long running series. You have converted me to the s01e01 naming scheme, I always used "Episode 01 - Name". I will have to try this out cause I definitely prefer it the way the anime plugin expects it to be by having all the sequels into one series folder. Also you are absolutely right about testing it on one episode/season first, that was my own fault and will proceed that way from now on with future testing.