Reduce button presses to get to an episode

AdrianW

AdrianW

Luke - will there be any changes coming that reduce the number of button presses that are required to simply play the next episode of a show?

To play the next episode of any specific TV show (after highlighting the specific series) is...

Three button presses with MBC (and chocolate):

1. Enter into series
  2. Enter into next episode (due to next unplayed season/episode being automatically selected)
  3. Press play

At least seven and possibly many more button presses with MBT:

1. Enter into series
  2. Cursor right onto "Seasons"
  3. Cursor down to "Season 1"
  4. Cursor right (possibly more than once) to current season
  5. Cursor down (probably more than once) to next episode
  6. Enter into next episode
  7. Press play

Or is there already a quicker way to access the next episode of a specific series?

yea use next up on the home page. you can also use the media folder view which doesn't have the enhanced series page

You can actually get there in two with Chocolate - just hit play on your remote without entering the details for the episode ;).

AdrianW

It would be helpful if MBT could at least auto-select the next unplayed episode instead of always defaulting to episode 1.

I think it would be nice to have MBT enter into the "Seasons" view of a series, instead of the "Overview" screen, or at least have an option for this. Aside from that, something that could speed things up a lot would be the addition of "Next/Previous" buttons on the episode details screen.

As of now, I mostly just use the "Next up" section of the EHS. But one thing I've noticed, is that once the episode has finished, and you go back to the EHS, the "Next up" episode is still showing the episode that I've just watched. So I need scroll over to another view (ie. Move from "TV" to "Movies") and then move back to TV to have the "Next up" episode updated. It would be nice if the EHS would somehow refresh once I play the episode in the "Next up" category.