Offline mode?

jriker1

dynomite567

Thought you might like to know the beta testers are able to play their downloaded videos now. So this will be in the next release of the app.

Holy crap, good job! This is going to be very great news for me and for everyone else!

• 1 month later...
thejacer87

ios app v1.5.1 server v3.4.1.0

can download and playback on iPhone 6 (ios 11.3.1), but no download button on my ipad mini (ios9.3.5). i know the ipad is pretty old, but the app says it requires 9+

super stoked that we can download on ios now.

two requests:

- hit "watch" on the show/movie will update one the server too, once it connects back
- anyway to play the downloaded file from the normal pages instead of the only viewing them through the "Downloads" section

Edited by thejacer87

samuelqwe

two requests:

- hit "watch" on the show/movie will update one the server too, once it connects back

- anyway to play the downloaded file from the normal pages instead of the only viewing them through the "Downloads" section

+1 to those feature requests

Also, I’d love to be able to tell download progress when syncing. So if, for example, I sync an entire season, I would know when it is done syncing. Lastly, it would be great if you could hide the My Downloads section when there are no downloads.

Edited by samuelqwe

• 1 year later...
IkeTaylor11

so is *offline* mode implemented or not for iOS yet? When I try to open Emby on my iPhone it just get a spinning circle if it doesn't have an internet connection. Am I missing something or is there really no way to use the Emby client on an iOS device without an internet connection? 

samuelqwe

so is *offline* mode implemented or not for iOS yet? When I try to open Emby on my iPhone it just get a spinning circle if it doesn't have an internet connection. Am I missing something or is there really no way to use the Emby client on an iOS device without an internet connection?

I think it should eventually time out and show you the server connection page where you can choose My Downloads. This should be improved IMO, because no one wants to wait all that time.

legallink

I use it all the time.  But it only provides "downloaded" content, not access to the whole server, obviously.  What happens when you put your phone in airplane mode?  

IkeTaylor11

I use it all the time. But it only provides "downloaded" content, not access to the whole server, obviously. What happens when you put your phone in airplane mode?

Ok I was able to get this working now, I didn’t see the “My Downloads” the first time I tried this.

Does it typically take multiple days for content to be downloaded though? I hit download on 1 tv episode on Tuesday and it finally showed up complete on my phone today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legallink

Ok I was able to get this working now, I didn’t see the “My Downloads” the first time I tried this.

Does it typically take multiple days for content to be downloaded though? I hit download on 1 tv episode on Tuesday and it finally showed up complete on my phone today.

Doesn’t take days for me. It’s all about connection to the server. For me, it takes a few minutes for small things and maybe an hour for bigger items

IkeTaylor11

Am I doing something wrong? I hit download on a tv show episode earlier tonight. I used 4 Mbps as the conversion quality. It did the full conversion. Not it says transferring and is sitting at 0%. Been that way for hours. How do I get the download to finish quicker?

If you force close the app then the background process will not be able to run.

IkeTaylor11

If you force close the app then the background process will not be able to run.

I haven’t force closed the app. Just let it run in the background. Even when I have the app open it doesn’t start the transfer. I will do another download tonight and upload the log.

IkeTaylor11

@@Luke i have attached my emby server log. I downloaded "Little Fish - Banshee" on my iPhone running iOS 12.3 and the latest emby app for iOS. I set the quality to 4 Mbps so it had to convert. The conversion finished properly, not it is just sitting there saying "ready to transfer". After that it will switch to say "Transferring 0%" and not progress for over a day. Do you see anything in the log that would stop the transfer from happening? 

download_and_sync_emby_log.txt