Emby Server -> DS 415+ does not sleep anymore

woody76
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

woody76

I have installed the newest Emby Server on my DS 415+. The DS does not go to deep sleep anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

woody76

• 2 weeks later...
guymyer

I've been having the same problem. I'm not sure what version of emby it started for me but recently I noticed my server wont go to sleep anymore. I'm using kodi w/emby plugin. My system used to go to sleep fine and I'd use wake on lan when opening kodi. 

I checked my server and saw this in the powercfg -requests

SYSTEM:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe

have you found a solution/workaround?

woody76

No, sorry, I didn't find any soloution for this problem.

I deinstalled emby, although I liked it very much and planed to do a lifetime subscription.

But under this circumstances I will not do this.

mrbasic1

You should look into modifying the scheduled tasks in Emby as some kick off at different times and could cause the disk-station to stay active as a result. I know one "Convert  media" is set to run every 3 hours by default and when the disk-station it's not in use that may be a bit aggressive. I would check them all and schedule them accordingly as they all can be modified to your preference.

JMHO

Mike D.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mike and Emby community experts, I have set "Convert media" and all other scheduled tasks to run once every week even and still my DS415+ refuses to hibernate. When I uninstall Emby, DS415+ nicely hibernates. As soon as I install Emby on my NAS, DS415+ wakes up from hibernation once every 30 min/1 hr. It does look like the culprit is Emby impacting hibernation. I am a real newbie and not able to decipher debug files as well :-(. Any help would be great. I really really like Emby (compared to Plex) - however, may not motivate me to use if it constantly wakes up my DS415+ without any need. Thank you very much for any support. R

• 1 month later...