Some Settings Not Being Remembered - Beta 3.1.97.0 on Synology NAS

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

DarWun

Last night after updating to Beta 3.1.97.0 (Mono) on my Synology NAS, I was asked to enter my password when I logged in.  I found this odd as Emby was set to login on the local network using a PIN code.  I went in to the user settings, and found that the option for using the PIN code to login was not checked.  I clicked on it and the check mark appeared.  I saved the settings and exited.  Later that night I was asked for my password again when I logged in.  Upon review of the user settings, I found that the PIN code option was once again unchecked.  I could do nothing to get the setting to "stick". 

As the night progressed, I slowly started to notice that there were other areas where the user interface appearance was not quite how I remembered it.  For example, on the user home page the small buttons for Collections, Movie, TV, Home Video, Live TV, etc. were scrambled.  From inside the user settings I reordered them and clicked save.  When I returned to the user home page they were still in a different order from what I had specified.  Refreshing the page did not resolve things.  Soon after I noticed that Movie CoverArt treatments that had previously been set as Side Case had reverted back to Metro Case.  Coverart treatments for collections had also changed.  From inside the CoverArt plugin, I set the image treatment for Movies back to Side Case.  After exiting the plugin, the Side Case image treatments were applied to all my movie posters accordingly.  I went back into the plugin to change the treatment for collections back to Open Side Case.  When I exited the plugin, the image treatments for all my collections were updated correctly.  But image treatments for Movies were all changed back to Metro Case again.

And then I went to bed.  I'll post a log when I get home tonight in the event that there is anything in it that might point to what is going on.  I should point out that I am running Beta 3.1.97.0 on a Windows 10 PC as well.  I am not seeing this behaviour on the PC.   

DarWun

Evening @@DarWun

What Synology box are you running on and which version of the Emby package do you have installed?

- James

Hi James.  Sorry for the confusion.  This report is based on Emby as it was installed on a DS414 NAS (Armada XP processor) device at around the time that DSM 6 was released.  It was installed using the "original" instructions with the Cytec emby_armadaxp-5.2_3.0.5934-6 package.  I've been updating it whenever a new Beta version is released on GitHub using WinSCP.  Up until last night I had never experienced a problem with settings not "sticking".

Anyway, when I made my post regarding this issue this morning I had not seen the invite to install the alpha version of the Marvell emby package.  I'm about to do that now.  I will provide feedback on how that goes later tonight.

Edited by DarWun