Is multi language support coming and how can I support

Vlaves

Vlaves

Hi together,

Just bought 2 Apple TV 4 nd a Synology 216+II for my Emby setup :)

Now wanted to know apart from my quest regarding VLCKit support if there is multi language support (especially german language) planned and how I can support the the Devs for translating the various strings for the tvOS App?

Regards

Vlaves

Edited by Vlaves

corey

Hi @@Vlaves!

Yes the tvOS application has been built with multi-language support and currently supports English (the default) and German (I believe) languages. Is there are specific language other than German you'd like to translate?

I've attached both the English and German translation files if you want to create another but for the languages you'd like to translate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

de-DE.txt

en-US.txt

Vlaves

Hi @@Vlaves!

Yes the tvOS application has been built with multi-language support and currently supports English (the default) and German (I believe) languages. Is there are specific language other than German you'd like to translate?

I've attached both the English and German translation files if you want to create another but for the languages you'd like to translate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Ok, I can translate to serbian language, but I guess thats not much of help :) For me german was important, but as its already supported I'm happy :)

It is just not listed as a supported language in the store, that should b changed :)

• 1 year later...

Hi. You guys can sign up as contributors on OneSky for our project (Emby Media) and then edit or create translations for the "tvOS" app.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
wolfgang

AppleTV 4K set to German, app is in English. German translation coming any time soon? Or just a bug?

Edited by wolfgang

German translation coming any time soon? It has quite some "market share", so... :)))

Hi.  What is your language on the device set to?

Probably because the German translation is not complete yet. If you'd like to help out with this just sign up at onesky, search for the mediabrowser project, and then you can help translate. thanks !

Edited my post, sorry. Device set to German, app running in English.

All other apps run in German.

There are two settings.  One is language, the other region.

To what is your region set?

The German translation is actually probably one of the most complete but it depends on the region being Deutschland, I believe...

wolfgang

I see, thank you. My region is set to Austria, but since we speak German (kind of :D) it would be fine to enable German translation for Austrian people.

I see, thank you. My region is set to Austria, but since we speak German (kind of :D) it would be fine to enable German translation for Austrian people.

Force close the app and see if it works when you re-open it.  It will not be complete most likely.  If you would like to help complete it, you can sign up at OneSky.  Thanks!

• Like 1

wolfgang

Thank you, it works!
I'm sorry I have no experience in translating software and also currently don't have enough time to participate in such a task.