QDivision

QDivision

Hi,

I've looked through this forum for mentions of program launcher for emby theatre. I know you had a plugin for the old version. Is there any plans for this feature on the new version? 

Thanks!

• Like 8

Walter

I think this would be an awesome idea. It could replace the need for many plug-ins. Netflix, YouTube, GameBrowser and lots of others. This is how I currently have it setup through the old Theater. It launches Chrome in -kiosk mode so it acts just like a regular program. Very easy for the wife and kids.

57abe00a92aed_Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No updates right now, sorry. I think this would be a great project for a community member who is handy with javascript.

• 6 months later...
BigSteve84

I think this would be an awesome idea. It could replace the need for many plug-ins. Netflix, YouTube, GameBrowser and lots of others. This is how I currently have it setup through the old Theater. It launches Chrome in -kiosk mode so it acts just like a regular program. Very easy for the wife and kids.

57abe00a92aed_Untitled.jpg

how did you get those apps?

BigSteve84

We desperately need apps/plugins like these for me personally I want to be able to launch steam big picture mode but I no for others, being able to launch these apps will be a really big thing, I only wish I had the talent to be able to do them myself.

I would like the ability to launch certain programs when starting media and kill them when stopping. I use screenbloom to change the hue lights behind my TV but there is no easy way to start and stop the app with a harmony.

crazybbs

We could be able to do it if @@Luke commit my codes to enable dos and windows games i'm able to lauch anything within my test machine like youtube steam etc... Just by using the windows games function from gamebrowser and emby theater external players

We could be able to do it if @@Luke commit my codes to enable dos and windows games i'm able to lauch anything within my test machine like youtube steam etc... Just by using the windows games function from gamebrowser and emby theater external players

I'm going as fast as I can, thanks.

The program launcher in media browser theater was a community add-on. Hopefully there is someone who might like to help do the same for emby theater.

BigSteve84

The program launcher in media browser theater was a community add-on. Hopefully there is someone who might like to help do the same for emby theater.

Is there much difference in the make up of a media browser plugin to a emby theatre plugin? Like would there be alot of work involved in porting that launcher for Emby?

Yes it's all new development. However, this time around it's javascript instead of c# so it's easier than before.

dosullivan84

There has to be some one out there that has the ability to do this or at the very least explain how so someone can pick this up

Edited by dosullivan84

crazybbs

I cant share my code because emby theater is web hosted online and not open source atm , my test machine have node installed and luke gave me access to the code to modify it

It's not simple to release it and give you access to it sorry

Walter

I ended up just installing Kodi and using the Emby add-on for it. It has a huge plug-in repository with game launchers, program launchers and tons of other plug-ins. I tried waiting for Theater to at least implement a program launcher so I could have the same functionality as the original, but not much has been done with plug-in support. Also, I could never really get my emulators working properly like in the old Theater. 

BigSteve84

I cant share my code because emby theater is web hosted online and not open source atm , my test machine have node installed and luke gave me access to the code to modify it

It's not simple to release it and give you access to it sorry

OK that is a shame, fingers crossed something moves forward.
  • Like 1

BigSteve84

I ended up just installing Kodi and using the Emby add-on for it. It has a huge plug-in repository with game launchers, program launchers and tons of other plug-ins. I tried waiting for Theater to at least implement a program launcher so I could have the same functionality as the original, but not much has been done with plug-in support. Also, I could never really get my emulators working properly like in the old Theater.

That's where I've come from, I was hoping I could leave kodi behind and go fulltime on emby but for whatever reason, plugins and skins are just non existent and unfortunately these things tend to grow more when there's like an "unofficial" community creating plugins, I'm not saying that's the anwser though. Edited by BigSteve84
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
porkbone

+1 for this too. I would like to launch Chrome in kiosk mode just like the kodi add on. I also want to get away from kodi. nothing against kodi, just want to use all emby.

• Like 1