Missing Folder Icons

taylorbourne

taylorbourne

Maybe I'm mistaken.. but isn't Emby supposed to create generated folder images for tv/movie libraries? My folders show up with a blank/missing image on every device. I'm running the latest version of emby.

post-89925-0-84340400-1470677445_thumb.png

Hi, this log looks OK but it didn't try to generate new images. Can you right click one of those libraries -> refresh -> ok. then provide the server log? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
taylorbourne

Bump! Still not seeing the folder images... It may be worth noting I had Emby installed probably over a year ago, and recently reinstalled. I noticed after I reinstalled some of the settings I had used previously were restored, maybe something in the old install is messing with it now? Is there a way to start fresh? 

Edited by taylorbourne

noremacyug

good luck brother.  i started a thread posing the same issue...... zero response.  i too am having the same issue and had emby installed in the past as well. i really like some of the offerings of emby and would possibly like to jump from plex, but plex works flawlessly.

taylorbourne

El Capitan 10.11.4.. I just did a fresh install after deleting the 'emby-server' config folder, while I feel like I'm noticing a performance boost the folder images are still blank.

I am looking into this but so far unable to reproduce. I installed El Capitan on a test device and I am seeing images without any problems.

noremacyug

I'm on the latest OS x as well. Is it possible that files remain from a past install that could be affecting things?

noremacyug

I've done uninstalled it but I believe it was mostly the home screen. If I get time I'll reinstall and see what happens.

taylorbourne

Luke can you give me an example of what these images are supposed to look like? I refuse to switch to Plex, been an Emby supporter for a while now and I much prefer this environment over theirs. Once this gets cleared up I'll be buying my Lifetime license. Is the server responsible for sending icons and things to clients as well? I've noticed the "Watched" checkmark is just a box on my Fire TV Stick and when watching over DNLA on my TV. I see the green circle, but the white check is just an empty box as if the font wasn't loaded in. Not sure if all of this (folder images, icons missing) is related?

taylorbourne

Interesting.. ok seeing them makes want to continue to pursue making them work, haha.. When viewing my library from chrome I can see that it is actually generating a blank image that's 200x112px (http://localhost:8096/emby/Items/f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805/Images/Primary?maxHeight=113&maxWidth=200&tag=eee6d9056ab2c53b2d0a64fb1afe022b&quality=90). Should I check permissions of my metadata (images)? They are all downloaded by CouchPotato/Sonarr.

No I saw in another user's log there was a failure to create the image so there's something going on that is OSX specfiic.

taylorbourne

To answer your question that I missed up there – the only images I'm having issues with is these two generated ones. Everything else seems to be loading up just fine. 

This is resolved for the next release of Emby Server. Please note, the dynamic images are refreshed every few days, so it may take a few days before you see the nice looking images. Thanks for your help tracking it down.

taylorbourne

Updated to the newest version, deleted the existing 'blank' images, and then did a metadata refresh (replace existing images) on each folder. Bam, generated images! Not the prettiest implementation on the browser (chrome) but they work! Thanks Luke, my library definitely looks more polished! 

57bf8f0d3899a_ScreenShot20160825at53550P