iOS app showing non-existent shows

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Anyone else ever seen completely bogus data showing up in the client? When I look through the collections and folders manually, everything looks okay. But the recently added section is showing some shows and episodes I don't even have on my server. No problems in the web or android clients, just ios. I click on the bogus ones and I'm even getting metadata for the shows but they all show as 0 minutes.

What may have triggered it was switching the server from my internal IP to external. I even deleted the App and reinstalled hoping that would clear any cache that may be used. I also tried switching back to the internal IP and still see the bogus shows.

Redshirt

Are the episodes for shows you are already collecting. It could be the missing/un-aired episodes feature. I'm not sure if iOS has been updated to hide or show them based on whether it's enabled on the server.

I'm not sure but there's an update right around the corner with a number of fixes and enhancements,

fraenhawk

Woops, I stand corrected. They are titles of future episodes of shows I watch. I just didn't recognize them as such.

fraenhawk

I checked the server and have both the Missing and Unaired episode options unchecked for this profile. Hopefully the next version fixes this. I was already aware it wasn't reading the server settings for hiding user profiles so this is probably just related. 

Thanks again for the amazingly quick response time to questions/concerns.

Edited by fraenhawk

• 2 months later...

Hi Deeds,

This is still happening for me. Using the iphone client I can't see any actual recently added episodes, I need to go in manually to shows to find unwatched or recently added shows. Basically I'm forced to use the web client as this is a terrible ecperience which is a shame because the rest of the app is great.

Is there a way for the iphone app to work similarly to the web client/mbc/mbt and only show recent shows that actually exist and preferably also add an unwatched option on the top menu?

darwindeeds

I think this fix missed this version, I will probably have a follow up update to fix the dvd rips issue, I will include this in the list. Sorry about that.

foghat

Hi Deeds,

This is still happening for me. Using the iphone client I can't see any actual recently added episodes, I need to go in manually to shows to find unwatched or recently added shows. Basically I'm forced to use the web client as this is a terrible ecperience which is a shame because the rest of the app is great.

Is there a way for the iphone app to work similarly to the web client/mbc/mbt and only show recent shows that actually exist and preferably also add an unwatched option on the top menu?

This is a different issue than the OP, no?

Fwiw, I have new shows showing up fine on the app.  They show up in the actual TV show/season folder/collection and also on the main TVShows  page under Recently Added.  Have you tried going to the Home screen (instead of selecting TV from the slide out nav) and seeing if your recently added shows appear there?  When on the home screen you can swipe left to move to the movies and tv shows home screens.

Maybe I am the odd one out, but I am not getting un-aired shows appearing either.  I only see what I have actually added to my library.

Edit: I wonder if the fact you and others are seeing unaired episodes is because you haven't cleaned up your folders since this happened?  Seems to me I had this issue when the app was first released.  But I thought that was a server issue that got fixed.  I had to go into my tv shows and wipe out all the empty seasons that were created by the server.  And then rescan library.  Or maybe I am misremembering and it was the case the unaired episodes was turned on on the server and that is how I ended up with them.  Either way, I know I used to see phantom seasons, I have them turned off now on the server and now things display fine.  And they did before this latest version as well.  So I dunno.

Edited by foghat

Hi Foghat,

The issue is the same, basically the unaired episodes are newer than the recently added episodes so there isn't any room for the actual new episodes. Cleaning up the seasons folders doesn't help, all the extra episodes are in current shows with their season ongoing.

Deeds - thx for the reply, looking forward to the update.

Ghostm

Im seeing the same thing now as the op, although i did not think it was happening last week after the update. Then again the new episodes probably didnt air. But on the front page of recently added i am getting blank artwork and when i click on them they are for new shows just airing that i have not actually added to my library.

It may not happen depending on what shows you watch and what new episodes are airing and what shows are displayed on that front page. For instance big bang theory was on my tv show page and its trying to show this weeks episode that just aired hours ago which i dont even have in my library.

foghat

I am seeing this too on the tv home page. I didn't realize it initially and was more focused on the actual season folders/episodes.

In summary:

- the recently added section is showing both recently added shows and also shows (with no cover art) that are upcoming and have not aired.

- the actual tv library, correctly only displays episodes that have been added.