Krypton playback from widgets does not report playback.

Delphi

Delphi

I know that Krypton is not officially supported, but I would like to track this down and fix it myself if possible. Where would I begin the search in the repo to find out the issue.

Angelblue05

Hm. What does the log say? Is this having native or addon playback mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delphi

Native mode, log files are provided below. It appears something major changed in the db from 106 to 107

http://sprunge.us/AdVS

EDIT:

00:33:23 69.348083 T:139808718170176 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: smb://MONKEYTV/Media/TV/Zoo/Season 02/Zoo - S02E07 - Jamie's Got A Gun.mkv

Is reported but does not show in Emby dashboard...
Edited by Delphi

Delphi

Yes, and log level is set to Emby Log level is set to info...

EDIT: 2.2.19

Edited by Delphi

Angelblue05

There's zero emby logging, I don't know why... logging works fine over here...

If the add-on isn't installed or is disabled, it would explain why report is not working...and the missing logging...  :mellow:

• Like 1

Delphi

I'm going to do a fresh install of Kodi to see if that fixes the logging issue, because Emby is there and enabled... and running it welcomes me to the server and updates show on the top of the screen when new media is added to Emby...

EDIT: Also Kodi reports playback when selected from library just fine, just not widgets....

Edited by Delphi
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok then, do not worry about it. For some reason there's zero logging and I don't understand why - but if you manage to get the logging working then you'll know the reason why it's failing. You can compare to your regular Kodi setup - you'll see what I mean...

Sorry if this was unclear. Widget and library playback are the same in terms of reporting playback. If you are using add-on playback, then you can look in playbackutils.py, otherwise it will be in kodimonitor.py

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

I'm experiencing exactly the same with kodi v17 Alpha 3, for some strange reason there is no logging at all of the emby addon but as @@Delphi mentions playback is monitored when starting from the library but not from widgets.

I tried switching the log level from info to debug to see if that would get it kick started but no joy so far, very strange indeed,

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Very strange indeed. Ok, I'll check it out later today. I've switched to using the logging module. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Edit: Logging is fixed. This is how you do it: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/commit/3a859279eceffd0bec32001dcfc19ae8e38e7fb8

However, report playback works just fine from widget and library - odd? Anyway, with logging you should see what's happening.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

im85288

Thanks, yes now it seems like playback is reporting correctly from both widgets and the library....no idea why it was behaving differently before. 

• Like 2