jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Local time: 06:52 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

I have some issues with syncing.

From my Android phone, I created a sync job - one tv episode. The job was successfully created on the server, but even though my phone was on the home network and the android app was running, it went into "Ready to Transfer" mode and stayed there. Some pressing of the sync refresh button in both the android app and the server eventually got it to transfer the file to my phone. I check that the file was indeed where it should be on the phone.

Now, reading the Wiki, Sync should work Offline on mobile devices with the Android app installed, so to test, I put the phone in Aeroplane mode. Then I opened the App, which asked me to log in (as per the wiki instruction), however entering my Emby username and password, resulted in "invalid username or password. please try again".

• should the sync/transfer begin straight away? if not what are the parameters for a successful transfer - how long does the server wait before initiating the transfer or what triggers it?
  • There appears no way to playback the synced episode when offline if I cannot log on to the app.

Is there something I'm missing or have done wrong?

Please advise if you need the logs.

Server: 3.1.6061.2136

Emby for Android: 2.7.42

Edited by jordy, 06 August 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140131 posts
  • Local time: 03:22 PM

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:51 AM

It has a scheduled sync service to run every hour. It will be improved to be more immediate in a future release.

• shorty1483 likes this

#3 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:05 AM

Thanks for that.

Now, how am I supposed to playback my episode when the phone is offline? Just to clarify, my understanding is that offline means no connectivity whatsoever, eg no internet/wifi and no phone network connection...

Thanks.

#4 shorty1483 OFFLINE  

shorty1483

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1378 posts
  • Local time: 09:22 PM
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:00 AM

Thanks for that.

Now, how am I supposed to playback my episode when the phone is offline? Just to clarify, my understanding is that offline means no connectivity whatsoever, eg no internet/wifi and no phone network connection...

Thanks.

Currently you need to use an external player like VLC or MX Player to access the synced file via filesystem. But @Luke mentioned to improve that in future using the Emby App to show the synced files when offline.

#5 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

That's disappointing. Not at all what I expected. :( :angry:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sync, offline, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users