Owncloud Integration (tags)

famadorian

famadorian

Currently, I have a Google Drive library mounted on my server and Emby can use it really fine. 

I do however want emby to read from my owncloud server instead, because in owncloud is where I really want to keep my files; it allows tagging and it's a general purpose file system. 

Can emby integrate in any way with owncloud?

What I want is for emby to read the tags I assign in owncloud to my files, so I can't simply mount my owncloud, cause the tags are not pushed through with a simple mount. I really don't know if I can mount owncloud with extended attributes and go that route, but I imagine emby doesn't read extended attributes;)

Any pointers?;)

Hi, welcome. Does it have a way for you to just mount it as a drive letter? then emby can read it like any other library.

famadorian

Yes, I just mount google drive to a directory, so emby just read it as a normal directory. I use google-drive-ocamlfuse. 

Guest plexman

Yes, I just mount google drive to a directory, so emby just read it as a normal directory. I use google-drive-ocamlfuse.

You can do the same with owncloud desktop application. It mounts your owncloud storage to a folder if you are under a windows system. If you are under linux i'm pretty sure there is some software to mount webdav storage into a linux directory.