Gamebrowser Emulator Switches

mithra62

mithra62

I just went through the laborious process of setting up Gamebrowser and MB Classic and thought I'd share the switch commands I used so others can avoid the pain.

VirtuaNES switch (NES)
    "{rom}"

ZSNES Switch (SNES)
    -m "{rom}"

NullDC Switch (Dreamcast)
    -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="{rom}"

pcsx2 Switch (PS2)
    --nogui --fullscreen "{rom}"

Dolphin Switch (Wii & Gamecube)
    --exec="{rom}"

Fusion Switch (Sega)
    -fullscreen "{rom}"

ePSXe Switch (PSX)
    -nogui -loadbin "{rom}"

Hope this helps others.

• Like 4

Redshirt

all but one are already in MBT @@Luke. MAME support is going to be more tricky and will require a different wildcard.

shaefurr

Ya I was gonna say, I set up my emulators in MBT when I reformatted last week and all the switches were already there. :)

skalleno

Dolphin switch is not working for me when trying to launch a Gamecube game, just pops up "The specified file {ROM} does not exist". Any tips on this?

shaefurr

Are you using MBC or MBT?

In MBT {rom} needs to be replaced with {PATH}, so for dolphin it should be --exec={PATH}

Edited by shaefurr

• 4 weeks later...
hotshot79

Hi Guys - I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong but I was hoping someone can help.  I've setup Gamebrowser using the dashboard and the configurator setup the directories etc and I can see the games in MBC but once I enter in to the actual game directory I get nothing....

I'd really love to get this working as it really looks awesome.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks - James

Redshirt

Can you show me a screenshot of both your media library for games and the platform configuration screen in the GB plugin config.

• 4 weeks later...
mal1982

I have all my MAME roms in their own folders, i.e. e:\games\mame\'game name'\****.zip. I have my switch for mame set up as "{romNameNoExt}" -rp "[path}". If I copy a rom into the root of the mame folder, they launch, but if they are in their own folders, it does not. Any ideas how I would have to edit my switch to launch roms from their own folders.

Alternatively, is there an easy way to get them all in the root, considering that each rom folder has a 'folder.jpg', 'backdrop.jpg', 'game.xml' etc. Obviously these would all need to be changed to match the name of the zip for the rom. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
TinMan2200

Can you exit out of virtualnes, and back into mbc properly? With a remote? I just switched from Nestopia to Virtualnes because Nestopia didn't exit without using the mouse, and Virtualnes does the same thing. NES is the only emulator I have a problem with.

• 3 months later...
AaronG85

Can you exit out of virtualnes, and back into mbc properly? With a remote? I just switched from Nestopia to Virtualnes because Nestopia didn't exit without using the mouse, and Virtualnes does the same thing. NES is the only emulator I have a problem with.

Not syre if you have figured this out yet @@TinMan2200 but in the Classic Configurator > GameBrowser Classic > Miscellaneous > Quit Key. You can set a number of different keys to exit the emulator and return to MB3C. 

53c3672c8b8be_Untitled.png

BATTLE DONKEY

Not syre if you have figured this out yet @@TinMan2200 but in the Classic Configurator > GameBrowser Classic > Miscellaneous > Quit Key. You can set a number of different keys to exit the emulator and return to MB3C.

53c3672c8b8be_Untitled.png

I use the same emulator VirtualNES and I mapped the back button on all my emulators to return back to MBClassic

My bad, meant to quote tinmans post, but ya, just set up which button u want to quit out of ur emulators

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

• 1 year later...
bigohnsull

Hi,

I was able to configure emulator paths/switches in MB Classic Configurator, but since upgrading to Emby, I can no longer do this. I'm just seeing an empty plugins tab in MB Classic Configurator.

When I access the Emby Server, I can see how to add game paths (i.e. to Roms) but nothing to add a path to the emalator program and/or switches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by bigohnsull

• 1 year later...

The GameBrowser plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. 

We are looking for contributors who might be interested in helping with other GameBrowser development, so if that's something you'd like to help out with then please let us know.

Thanks !