Emby App Win10 Error 0x803F8001

goosa

Hey all,

I have what I believe to be a unique problem that hopefully reaching out to the community here can help me. 

So the emby app in the win10 store has never worked for me. After install it did not show up in in my start menu so I just left it for quite awhile. Now it says there is an update for it but as it is acquiring license it gives me the error 0x803F8001. 

If found app data here:

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4

So it's on my system and the Windows 10 store is flawless with every other app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

post-22845-0-13692300-1470334329_thumb.png

post-22845-0-04567700-1470334355_thumb.png

post-22845-0-94934000-1470334368_thumb.png

FrostByte

Have you loaded the Windows Anniversary Update yet?  Those pics from the MS Store look old also

• Like 1

@@FrostByte

THANKS!! Good eye! Looks like my PC hasn't been updating. 

I updated to the Anniversary update and it somewhat fixed my problem. Now it's says it's installed and gives me the option to launch, buy or free trial. I hit Launch but then it pops up "Check your account, This app is currently not available to you, Check your account". I checked my order history and it's no longer there?

I'm really confused, and I don't really want to purchase it again... 

Thanks again

7illusions

@@FrostByte

THANKS!! Good eye! Looks like my PC hasn't been updating. 

I updated to the Anniversary update and it somewhat fixed my problem. Now it's says it's installed and gives me the option to launch, buy or free trial. I hit Launch but then it pops up "Check your account, This app is currently not available to you, Check your account". I checked my order history and it's no longer there?

I'm really confused, and I don't really want to purchase it again... 

Thanks again

I think this could be my misdoing.. Hold on, I'll get it back for you.

• Like 2

BadgerJim

Just finding out if anyone else is having this issue, I have unloaded and reinstalled twice now. My installed version on Windows 10AU seems to have a memory leak. Task manager goes from a few 100MB to over 2GB in an hour. Will add some screen grabs soon.

post-65868-0-25831300-1470543055_thumb.png

post-65868-0-72367700-1470543055_thumb.png

post-65868-0-89363000-1470543131_thumb.png

Edited by BadgerJim

7illusions

What are you doing to making it increase, are watching movies, music, leaving it in background, clicking around?

Need a way to reproduce it to track it down.. :)

Thanks

7illusions

Anyone else seeing this memoryleak? I'm successfully running the app on a Atom based tablet with 1Gb RAM, and it's using about 30-35Mb of mem on that one, Laptop with 8Gb of RAM uses more though..

FrostByte

Been listening to music for a couple hours now and its been hovering right around 140Mb the whole time while running on my Emby server (specs in signature).  Might need more information from OP on what they were doing, type of files, etc