#21 Tarl Cabot OFFLINE  

Tarl Cabot

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 10:25 AM
  • LocationAlaska, US

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

Hi Tarl,

Re the hosts file. I've had a bit of a read on it and can't really see the point. I don't run a domain, and using Firefox with Adblocker installed, I very rarely if ever get pop-up adds, or anything popping up on the screen like I see on friends computers who use Windows Internet Explorer.

No worries, their utility and usage is actually pretty clear, you just ran into some really poor info by the look of it.

But Luke is right, we've veered off topic quite a bit. Suggest we move any further chat to PM's instead...

I'm out.

#22 geoff511 OFFLINE  

geoff511

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Local time: 05:25 AM

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:55 AM

Hi,

Well the Asustor version of Emby has just released another update - vers. 3.0.7200.r1

But the real question is - DOES THIS VERSION DELETE ALL DATA, SETTINGS AND METADATA like previous updates?

Admin Luke - have you received word back from the Asustor R&D mob regarding the headaches the updates are causing ? And in particular, what problems this update will cause ?

Anyone else - have you added this update from App Central ? and if so, did it wipe your Emby back to a brand new installation, or did everything (I mean everything - settings & metadata) stay the same ?

Thanks.

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135983 posts
  • Local time: 02:25 PM

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

I have not heard back from them yet. I will try emailing them again. Thanks.

#24 geoff511 OFFLINE  

geoff511

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

ok

#25 TSandman OFFLINE  

TSandman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

Hi,

Well the Asustor version of Emby has just released another update - vers. 3.0.7200.r1

But the real question is - DOES THIS VERSION DELETE ALL DATA, SETTINGS AND METADATA like previous updates?

[..]

Anyone else - have you added this update from App Central ? and if so, did it wipe your Emby back to a brand new installation, or did everything (I mean everything - settings & metadata) stay the same ?

Thanks.

Unfortunately.... Yes :/

#26 geoff511 OFFLINE  

geoff511

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

Thanks TSandman for the info. And sorry to hear the result.

Will wait for the next update, and I'll try and check with Asustor R&D or get Luke (admin) to confirm that the update doesn't destroy everything.

#27 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 135983 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

https://emby.media/c...asustor-package

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, backup, reinstall, Asustor, Plugins, restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users