Series & Episode Title missing from Pushover Notification

Kurosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Kurosh

Hi, a similar bug is now (or has been for a while in fact) present.

For the (terrible) programme "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta" - which must be noted is for my wife, not me... the following appears as  Pushover notification simply displaying "Love"...

58ff2686c22f8_Image.png

I think your server is just trying to send you some good feelings :).

I'm sure the issue is the '&' in the title -which just needs to be escaped.

• 2 months later...
Kurosh

Hi,

This bug still appears to be out there, I think everything I have is up-to-date too. Are you saying the the issue with the Pushover plugin and hence not with you guys?

595c9a9746603_1.jpg

Edited by Kurosh

@@Kurosh yes looks like it is still out there. I'm going to push an update to the plugin that will remove the & altogether. That's not the best fix, it would be better to find the escaping requirements from the Pushover API and do it that way. But it will at least allow the full message title to be sent. Hopefully a community member can help improve it, perhaps @@chef if he uses PushOver. I've added a comment in the code about it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Kurosh

I've actually noticed that all my plugins automatically update just fine other than Pushover despite trying to force the issue by running the 'check for plugin updates' scheduled task which doesn't resolve the issue.  I then updated manually by going to the Pushover plugin in the Catalogue section and selecting the latest version to install.  I have done it this manual process again this morning to install the latest release just pushed (3.0.6395.41424).

Edited by Kurosh

chef

I see how to fix this, but I (embarrassingly) have never made a pull request on github before.

I'll learn right now... Sorry for the wait.