An Error occurred loading this content

mgworek

mgworek

I can't get one movie to play. As soon as I hit play I get that error message. Everything else is playing. Restarted app, restarted server, restarted Apple TV 

I can play the movie on the web client, iOS client, firetv client, and kodi but not on the Apple TV.

Log file is attached. There is no transcoding log. 

Movie is The Huntsman Winter's War

server-63605671775.txt

Edited by mgworek

mgworek

Yea. I rebooted the server before I tried to get fresh logs. There is a direct stream log for the movie I tried right after that failed but that was it. Then remux logs when I tried it on other clients. Nothing for the time. Nothing on Sunday as well. When Cinema was enabled, I have logs for my trailers but then nothing after that.

mgworek

Side note when I tried this with Cinema Mode enabled, it played my trailers and then my codec intros but didn't play a custom intro. When I tried on the web client right after, it played everything.

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas right now.  That is an MKV.  The Apple TV cannot play an MKV so it has to be remuxed.  You say no remux is occurring and I don't see any error on the server end either.  The message you are seeing is coming from the device.

ffmpeg is definitely running because you can see the requests to hls urls in the server log. so yes, there is an additional ffmpeg log that is missing. best thing to do is not worry about the log file names and instead just post any log file that gets modified during the time of your playback attempt.

Having said that I don't think there's any ffmpeg error because the log indicates that it terminates successfully. It's always possible the video bitrate being delivered is just too high. if you customized the in-app bitrate, try changing it  back to Auto. If it's already on Auto, try setting it to a low value like 1mbps.

mgworek

I don't think I will have time before next week but I will restart the server so I have fresh logs and try again. 

I just updated to Version 3.0.6030.0 and will see if anything is different as well since that update fixed my remote Safari problem. 

Thanks

Edited by mgworek