Music playback stops after each track

milky

Whenever I select a track, it plays, but never advances to the next track. If I select play on an album or playlist, it plays the first track and stops. My files are all in FLAC if that's pertinent. Happens regardless of local wifi, remote wifi, or mobile network.

Web client via mobile Safari doesn't have this issue, nor do any desktop browsers.

iPhone 5S, iOS 9.3.3

App v1.2.1, but this has been happening for a few months now

Hi, thanks, yea it was reported elsewhere and is being looked into.

Oh ok, I did check the first few pages but didn't see anyone else talking about it. Good hunting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As far as I know it's not been fixed. Until it is, a useful workaround is to use the Safari or Chrome browser. Works just fine.

Don't think it does, atleast not if the phone is locked.

Don't think it does, atleast not if the phone is locked.

You're right, my workaround isn't as black and white as I thought it was. Issue is ongoing

Edited by jaybroni

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW now the app does start playing the next track if app is active. It definitely didn't even do that before. Progress! :P

• 1 month later...

Hi, Amy more updates on this ?

Would love to just use my iPad to play my music collection by Emby through my receiver.

It starts the first track of my playlist through the receiver and then it stops....

Edited by Detlef

Hi, we need to rework the app manages it's now playing queue. It's on our roadmap for an upcoming release. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
ryandavidg

Hi

Is there any news on when this issue may be resolved? My mother bought the IOS app to connect to a music server I set up, she likes to put albums or playlists on shuffle and leave them to play... but it stops after every single song which makes it basically unusable.

Thanks.

ryandavidg

Please disregard previous post, just got hold of her phone and it wasn't the latest version of the app - tested shuffle on both albums and playlists, and it works now - as long as the power cord is plugged in as when the phone locks/power saves it finishes the current song and then stops (she was using it to play on a hifi via bluetooth) which is what I expected. Anyway, it's usable now.

Thanks guys.

Edited by ryandavidg

Please disregard previous post, just got hold of her phone and it wasn't the latest version of the app - tested shuffle on both albums and playlists, and it works now - as long as the power cord is plugged in as when the phone locks/power saves it finishes the current song and then stops (she was using it to play on a hifi via bluetooth) which is what I expected. Anyway, it's usable now.

Thanks guys.

@@ryandavidg are you saying the app plays the playlist of songs without having to keep the app open and active on the screen?  What version of the app are you running?  I can only play one song at a time until I unlock the phone and open the app as reported in the initial post.

ryandavidg

@@ryandavidg are you saying the app plays the playlist of songs without having to keep the app open and active on the screen?  What version of the app are you running?  I can only play one song at a time until I unlock the phone and open the app as reported in the initial post.

No, sorry for any confusion, have to keep the app open and active on the screen as far as I could confirm from my brief test. But initially it was even worse in that it wouldn't play the next song even when the app was active - until I updated to the latest version. Hope they improve it further.

legallink

+1. Music playback stops for me and if I put my phone down and it turns off the screen then it stops as well. In general music playback I haven't found to be reliable except on the web app.

• 3 weeks later...
techworld

I have the same issue on when I played on car Bluetooth audio.

I had to unlock my iPhone to resume the music.

It doesn't happen with Plex Media server though.

iOS app v1.3.3

Edited by techworld
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
overClocked!

Working great now in iOS 1.3.7. Even when app is running in the background and when the device is locked. This is the proper behavior for a music app in iOS or on any mobile device.

Well done.