Music playback stops after each track

milky

ToddSexington

Now if the apple media layer was not a pile of steaming dog turds, we would be really rolling.

I have to use android clients exclusively since my iphone wants to transcode everything down to 192k aac.

dcrdev

This is really great - I'm so glad this has finally been resolved, so well done. I haven't really used music playback in the app due to this issue and have used this feature whilst out and about today, couple of separate issues I've noticed that might be worth looking in to:

• Increasing the buffer size - when crossing 4g/3g zones, the playback would stutter and then just stop.
  • The transcoding seems a bit off - there's a noticeable flatness to the audio as well as a reduction in volume; the source files are all encoded with flac.

dcrdev

This is really great - I'm so glad this has finally been resolved, so well done. I haven't really used music playback in the app due to this issue and have used this feature whilst out and about today, couple of separate issues I've noticed that might be worth looking in to:

• Increasing the buffer size - when crossing 4g/3g zones, the playback would stutter and then just stop.
  • The transcoding seems a bit off - there's a noticeable flatness to the audio as well as a reduction in volume; the source files are all encoded with flac.

Yep buffering is definitely a problem here - again if the screen lock is engaged then buffering just stops playback and it does not restart without unlocking.

• 1 year later...
Seshead

im actually experiencing this now.

when i play via emby web portal (safari on ios) not via the app, it doesn't continuously play... I have selected play all from here and it still stops after the first track

The web app may not be able to autoplay in all situations. I would suggest using the iOS app.

• 10 months later...
LucidLion

Hey Guys,

this problem exists for so long now, is a solution in sight? i have the same problem with 2 iPads, it plays only on Song in the List and then stops.

Hey Guys,

this problem exists for so long now, is a solution in sight? i have the same problem with 2 iPads, it plays only on Song in the List and then stops.

Hi, what versions of iOS?

• 1 month later...
Tunezilla

I select a playlist from ANY device, 1 x Synology NAS 2 x iPad with the latest IOS on them, 1 x MacBook pro latest OS,  I phone 7 latest OS, Alexa Show, all produce the same result, Song 1 plays to the end then every time disconnects from Emby.  Typing with two fingers as well to allow full absorption of the issue.