DS412+ Too many open files Error when scanning Media Library

jrivera
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

jrivera

Had the previous Emby Server manual installation for Synology DSM 6.0 on a DS412+... Followed instructions on these forums for the install.

I un-installed that Emby Server installation once the official package was available on the DSM Package Manager. 

I installed the official Emby Server Synology package and attempted to scan my Media Library. (I have followed all instructions, granted embysvr user read/write permissions to library. etc.)

Now the Emby server eventually becomes unresponsive and looking at the logs show 

"Operating system: Unix 3.10.77.0

Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
Mono: 4.4.1 (Nightly 4.4.1.0/4747417 Tue 19 Jul 12:45:26 UTC 2016)
Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/v3.0.6020/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Too many open files

System.IO.IOException"

I have uploaded my logs: sendlogs_Datum_synology_cedarview_412+_20160801T232808UTC.tgz

Please any help would be appreciated because my Media Library Scans cannot complete.

Spaceboy

Another with the exact same issue. Performance was good in the early releases but i can barely get any page to open in the last few weeks

jrivera

I installed the latest beta version. And I still have the issue but the Media Library Scan progresses further before the "Too Many Files Open" error appears.

My latest logs have been sent via sendlog script: sendlogs_Datum_synology_cedarview_412+_20160802T130803UTC.tgz

Edited by jrivera

jrivera

The new beta version has the same problem. As it scans it eventually runs into the "Too many open files" error.

• 2 weeks later...