Recording issues

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

Recordings are suddenly failing or are incomplete.  I had a few programs set to record and all the files are less than 4 min. I restarted the computer and server, cleared the record que and bad recordings and set a test recording on a different channel. It too only recorded for 3 min then it stops. Also looks a bit corrupted videoplayback. 

My last successful recording was 2 days ago 7-30-16 at 10:30am.   The server has updated beta versions a few times since then i believe. 

Edit: also noticed that live tv streaming was failing. I noticed Intel Quick Sync was set in the Transcode settings for Hardware acceleration(has been enabled for sometime with no issues), Set it to none, restarted...and i got live to tv to stream in Chrome again. I set a random test recording...will see if that works.

Edit: One 30 min recording worked fine, but a 1hr program stopped at 37min.

server-63605658987.txt

server-63605652966.txt

remux 1.txt

remux2.txt

Edited by speedingcheetah

• 3 weeks later...
speedingcheetah

I am still having these issues of failed recordings. 

But I think is has to do with when the channel freezes or digitizes that Emby recorde freaks out and fails/deadlocks. THe file is locked and only killing emby server allows me to delete file. 

Yea Comcastic service that I have. 

Edited by speedingcheetah

• 2 weeks later...
koldlaser

I'm new to emby and just got the server up and running less than 4 days ago and thought this is the greatest program ever, until today when all my recording stopped in about the 2 or 3 minutes mark. The search feature to this issue lead me to this thread but looks like no one is responding because we're the only two facing this issue :(

I'm new to emby and just got the server up and running less than 4 days ago and thought this is the greatest program ever, until today when all my recording stopped in about the 2 or 3 minutes mark. The search feature to this issue lead me to this thread but looks like no one is responding because we're the only two facing this issue :(

Hi, no, we are responding. The best thing to do is supply the information requested in how to report a problem.

Please note, if your HDHR experiences momentary drops in signal, this can cause disruption to the recording progress. In an upcoming release we are going to make the server more resilient towards this situation by automatically reconnecting when this happens.

Additionally, in other parts of the forum i have seen users mentioning issues with certain HDHR firmware versions. Just something to be aware of. Thanks!