Kodi 16.1 Emby cannot find the file

Bman59

Bman59

Hi everyone,

Since a week or 2 my Windows 10 machine with Kodi 16.2 and Emby Stable plugin has a strange issue when emby starts.

I use emby with the direct path option, but when it starts to sync the following error appears.

Emby for Kodi

Kodi cannot find the file on smb://<myip>/Series/Anger Management/ Would you like to continue sync?

579f86819d935_2016080119_27_0820160801_1

This message comes everytime on only my windows 10 computer. When i choose to continue the sync, everything works 100%.

The SMB / UNC paths are accessible from Windows and from the kodi file browser. Playback always works, i had never a file who didnt load.

I tried to reset the local kodi database, fist sync goes good, and when i reboot, the same message appears.

My rpi with libreelec works 100%, never had this message, my MacBook with kodi also works a 100%.

Set the logfile from Emby to Debug, rebooted, looked in the log, did not find a error or a warning, all good ( from what i could see )

The following is setted up from Emby Server:

579f87ab9a1cd_2016080119_32_04Library.pn

579f87b885cc3_2016080119_32_15Library.pn

The substitutin is not filled in because the data is on a NAS device, Emby server runs on a Win 8.1 machine. The Win 8.1 machine can also access all smb / unc paths to the data. No errors here.

Could someone help me with this issue,

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Bman59

Can you please post a log?

Log from the kodi machine who gave an error, see attachment.

hoppel118

Posted Today, 08:07 PM

Where did you download kodi 16.2? In my opinion it's not available yet. ;)

Sorry, Typo, meening 16.1 :-)

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Is it always the same folder that is unable to be located? What are your permissions like for that folder specifically? You say you are able to playback, but are you able to playback content from that folder in Kodi?

This is most likely a permission issue with that folder.

Few things I learnt in Windows 10:

If you associate a microsoft account to the windows account, this will change your windows account password to your microsoft account one.

Kodi looks at windows credentials, in addition to passwords.xml to be able to locate your content. Make sure they are valid and up to date.

You will be able to log in using the following network credentials:

username: MicrosoftAccount\{email@} Or Windows Account name
password: microsoft account password

If you didn't associate your microsoft account, then it should work the same as before (windows account user/pass).

Edited by Angelblue05

Bman59

There is no microsoft account associate to the computer, The Win10 machine has a local username ( kodi ) and its booting with it. There is no password on the machine.

The usershares are Shared for everyone, no password enabled, everythting in de folders can be accessed.

The folder that is giving issues is always different. Tonight i had a few times issues with the folders;

* Anger management

* Game of Thrones

* Mr. Robot

But if i go to start a episode from kodi, the playback works, and there is no issue.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Bman59

Can you install the build from the previous post over your current one using the add-ons > install from zip and confirm this resolves your issue? Thank you

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

Has your Windows 10 PC just updated to the latest "Anniversary update"? Mine has and is doing the same thing. Also not seeing any episode descriptions for tv shows but other non updated Windows 10 boxes are working as normal.

Edited by chrisoldroyd

Angelblue05

I'm pretty sure the issue was that I forgot to add the ending slash to the path - otherwise the verification fails because it's looking for a file, not a folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No it hasnt updated tot the aniversery update, automatic updates of this machine are disabled.

Sorry for my late response, got back to work, and was busy.

Will try adding the slash, in the servername.

so instead of IP: 192.168.xx.2 i wil make 192.168.x.2\

Will let you now the results

Angelblue05

@@Bman59 no? Just install the build. You don't need to change anything. Just let me know if it resolves the failed verification. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested the plugin a few days, and so far so good :-)

Edit 01-09-2016:

The plugin has worked flawless since the upgrade to 2.2.20 alpha.

Topic can be closed because i am not experiencing any issues with Emby :) :) :)

Edited by Bman59
  • Like 1