Server not importing displayseason and displayepisode from NFO

Qlan

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank the Emby team for a fantastic product. Swapped over from Plex a few months back and haven't looked back since.

In my setup I'm only having a single problem so far. All of my metadata is managed by a thirdparty tool and emby only has read-access to the NFO files to import the data. This works great except that it seems unable to import the <displayseason> and <displayepisode> entries from the files.

For example the following NFO file for a special episode:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
  <runtime>26</runtime>
  <aired>2012-09-13</aired>
  <rating>8.5</rating>
  <votes>2</votes>
  <season>0</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <displayseason>1</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>4096</displayepisode>

</episodedetails>

It should be available under specials and after season 1 but it is only visible under specials.

Also if I check the Metadata Manager the Airs after season field is blank under the Special Episode Info section.

I have tried adding the information manually in the Metadata Manager and this works perfectly. But for some reason it doesn't seem to want to import the information from the NFOs.

Most grateful for any help in this matter.

Thank you!

Happy2Play

Does the option "Display specials within seasons they aired in" control that?  Dashboard-Library-Display

The option is enabled but it only works for shows where I have manually entered the data in the Metadata Manager. Not when importing the information from the NFO sadly.

pünktchen

A guy in the german forum section reported it is working for him. The possibility to read displayepisode is relatively new. Have you added some specials the last two weeks?

Actually I haven't added any new specials in a while now. I'll give it a go and post my findings. Thanks for the tip :)

Hello again,

I can confirm that new specials are now being imported correctly. And after a database reset the other specials were imported as well :D

Thank you so much.

If it is alright I would like to ask a related question in this topic, if not I can create a new forum post.

For some reason Emby is still not importing the clearlogo.png or [moviename]-clearlogo.png files for both Series and Movies.

Landscape, fanart and posters are all working fine but not the logo. Does Emby expect a different file-naming convention for the logo?

pünktchen

Hello again,

I can confirm that new specials are now being imported correctly. And after a database reset the other specials were imported as well :D

Thank you so much.

If it is alright I would like to ask a related question in this topic, if not I can create a new forum post.

For some reason Emby is still not importing the clearlogo.png or [moviename]-clearlogo.png files for both Series and Movies.

Landscape, fanart and posters are all working fine but not the logo. Does Emby expect a different file-naming convention for the logo?

It should be clearart.png or logo.png

Oh? I was under the impression that the Kodi standard for extended fanart was clearlogo.png and clearart.png.

Either way renaming the files to logo.png solved the issue in Emby.

Thank you so much :)