How to get Emby to transcode DTS to AC3 or AAC

abeklagsbrun@yahoo.com

abeklagsbrun@yahoo.com

Hi all,

I have a particular problem with DTS soundtracks. My 2012 Panasonic Viera VT55 just doesn't support them. The question is, what to do with those files? Shouldn't Emby be automatically transcoding those audio streams to AC3 or AAC?

There is no transcoding entry in the Panasonic Configuration profile for DTS. Could that be the issue?

Please advise.

abeklagsbrun@yahoo.com

Hi, sorry. I have a large collection of .MKV files. About half have dts sound and about half have ac3 sound. Right now, I have to use That P word because it handles DTS tracks properly. I would raher be using Emby.

Happy2Play

Hi all,

I have a particular problem with DTS soundtracks. My 2012 Panasonic Viera VT55 just doesn't support them. The question is, what to do with those files? Shouldn't Emby be automatically transcoding those audio streams to AC3 or AAC?

There is no transcoding entry in the Panasonic Configuration profile for DTS. Could that be the issue?

Please advise.

Since dca is under direct play, No.  You would need to do is remove dca from mkv audio under direct play, then hit save to create a custom profile.  This will force Emby to transcode all mkv files with dts to the preset option of ac3.

abeklagsbrun@yahoo.com

I tried removing DCA under direct play.Now DTS containing MKV files cause an unable to play file error from the TV.

That is the correct thing to do though. it should cause transcoding. did it do that, did the server start transcoding the file? it's possible that more changes are needed as well if the transcoding format is still not compatible.

• 1 year later...
gyrene2083

[DISREGARD I FOUND OUT IT'S AN ISSUE WITH THE EMBY VERSION, ON MY SAMSUNG]

Edited by gyrene2083