Amazon Drive

charmaex

charmaex

As Amazon has released a cheap unlimited storage, are you planning to create a sync plugin for emby server?

Cheers,

charmaex

• Like 1

It's a great idea yes. In the meantime, i would think there is a tool that can mount it as a local drive for you, like dropbox.

psyoma

I think you can in Windows, but they have no Linux version. I always find it frustrating that companies have no problem profiting off the work of open source, but never give back by making applications for open source users to access their services. I'm looking at you Google and Amazon. <_<

SUNMorph

I asked also for it a bit ago, but still no sync option.

Would be rly great if you can sync your Local server to Amazon Cloud.

You can use Netdrive2 for conecting Amazon to an Local driveletter.

That fix work with videos up to around 10gb, but if you have larger files or Remux files, it didnt work.

i tried so mutch the last weeks, but cant get videos to run that are higher then 10gb from amazon cloud.

Edited by SUNMorph

I asked also for it a bit ago, but still no sync option.

Would be rly great if you can sync your Local server to Amazon Cloud.

You can use Netdrive2 for conecting Amazon to an Local driveletter.

That fix work with videos up to around 10gb, but if you have larger files or Remux files, it didnt work.

i tried so mutch the last weeks, but cant get videos to run that are higher then 10gb from amazon cloud.

If you can setup amazon as a local drive letter then from there you can use our folder sync plugin.

SUNMorph

Folder Sync is not an Option. (for me). There bether solutions outside emby to sync folders.

I try to move my Emby Server to an hosted root server that is connected to my AC drive. And the Root Server hase only 500Gb Space.

Its not the Problem to get the files to AC drive, its the problem to play directly from it when they are larger then 10gb.

its mutch harder to implement i think. the Problem is the Amazon Cloud API, i think its prevent to play or download files that are bigger then 10gb (you can still download it with the amazon cloup app).

I tried the Plex 1month sub, only for looking how they handle it.

There syncplugin split the movies in parts and you can stream them directly from the Plex Server again.

Hope we see also an working solution for emby.

AC Drive offers an rly good Backup/sync offer for only 60$/year.

Edited by SUNMorph

SUNMorph

Folder Sync is not an Option. (for me). There bether solutions outside emby to sync folders.

I try to move my Emby Server to an hosted root server that is connected to my AC drive. And the Root Server hase only 500Gb Space.

Its not the Problem to get the files to AC drive, its the problem to play directly from it when they are larger then 10gb.

its mutch harder to implement i think. the Problem is the Amazon Cloud API, i think its prevent to play or download files that are bigger then 10gb (you can still download it with the amazon cloup app).

I tried the Plex 1month sub, only for looking how they handle it.

There syncplugin split the movies in parts and you can stream them directly from the Plex Server again.

Hope we see also an working solution for emby.

AC Drive offers an rly good Backup/sync offer for only 60$/year.

RanmaCanada

NO NO NO.  Amazon queries your drives and looks at all your files.  I've had it, and already had amazon flag my drive for copyrighted material, which was my own material.  If you are going to use ACD, everything has to be 100% encrypted.  Filenames, content, EVERYTHING.  The sheer amount of overhead that this causes is insane, especially on windows.  Linux can get away with it, but windows is a PITA.  

If you want to still do it, you can use netdrive, and encryption tools to create a volume that is encrypted on the ACD.  The other option is to use a Dokan fork that was ported to windows.  https://github.com/Rambalac/ACDDokanNet.

I ran my emby server off ACD for a while, and i got away with it because my internet is 100/50.  But remember, Amazon has access and WILL look at EVERYFUCKINGTHING in your drive.  Then can and WILL terminate your service at any given time for any given reason.

Still think it's worth it?

Mine was free, and the 2nd year I got for 5 bucks on cyber monday.  It was an experiment, that failed.

• Like 1

SUNMorph

NO NO NO.  Amazon queries your drives and looks at all your files.  I've had it, and already had amazon flag my drive for copyrighted material, which was my own material.  If you are going to use ACD, everything has to be 100% encrypted.  Filenames, content, EVERYTHING.  The sheer amount of overhead that this causes is insane, especially on windows.  Linux can get away with it, but windows is a PITA.  

If you want to still do it, you can use netdrive, and encryption tools to create a volume that is encrypted on the ACD.  The other option is to use a Dokan fork that was ported to windows.  https://github.com/Rambalac/ACDDokanNet.

I ran my emby server off ACD for a while, and i got away with it because my internet is 100/50.  But remember, Amazon has access and WILL look at EVERYFUCKINGTHING in your drive.  Then can and WILL terminate your service at any given time for any given reason.

Still think it's worth it?

Mine was free, and the 2nd year I got for 5 bucks on cyber monday.  It was an experiment, that failed.

Thx for the Hints, yeah your right about the big brother is watching you.

I am only testing the stuff atm, and try to find an solution.

Thats why i would be rly happy if we can get an solution for AC Drive, maybe with splitting, encrypting and all the stuff that is needed fro an playback from AC Drive.

Guest asrequested

Yeah. I have an echo and I was going to move my music to thier cloud... Then read the policy. The record labels make Amazon inspect anything you add and tag the copyright. Hell no! I'm not going near it! It's fine if you buy all your music online and everything is how they want it. BEWARE! But there are people who buy music from Amazon and use their cloud service.

RanmaCanada

Thx for the Hints, yeah your right about the big brother is watching you.

I am only testing the stuff atm, and try to find an solution.

Thats why i would be rly happy if we can get an solution for AC Drive, maybe with splitting, encrypting and all the stuff that is needed fro an playback from AC Drive.

That is why I said you can try DOKAN.  It allows you to mount the ACD as a local drive, and then you can use encryption on it.  People in reddit.com/r/datahoarder have had success doing it linux, but windows, no so much.

SUNMorph

That is why I said you can try DOKAN.  It allows you to mount the ACD as a local drive, and then you can use encryption on it.  People in reddit.com/r/datahoarder have had success doing it linux, but windows, no so much.

i will give that an try, on an linux VM after my vacation.

andcbii

how is syncing to a local drive beneficial? For me the benefit of syncing to the "cloud" is that you stream the file from the cloud when you are remote. I can sync a file to amazon/google or what ever and then when i'm on my phone i can stream from their servers in stead of from my house. If i set up Amazon as a local drive what's the benefit? Just having a backup? Is it just to save you from having to trans-code on the fly? 

• 8 months later...