CEC support for Emby/WMC

Damob9k

Damob9k

Hi There,

I understand that CEC support has bee added to Emby Theater ...  is this support also in Emby for WMC ?

I would like to check before I shell out money on the USB - CEC adaptor from Pulse8

Many thanks

Damob9k

Vidman

I doubt it will ever be compatible as media center would need to be updated to support it and that will never happen by Microsoft.

There may be some hacky way to add support by using something like eventghost

Edited by Vidman

Damob9k

OK .. Thanks Vidman.

I actually mainly wanted to use the USB-CEC device to trigger turning on my TV and AV amp when I switch on my HTPC, and being able to use 1 remote to control the AV Amp volume and basic play/pause/rew/ffd functions, but I'm not sure it works that way as it seems to need to be triggered by the application.

Oh well, it was just an idea :)

Cheers.

Vidman

it can ...and does work that way with kodi , but yes obviously the application needs to be running 

epayson85

CEC adapters work with wmc. I wouldn't recommend it but it does work. Most people report it's best to use a wmc remote and use the CEC software to control your tv and receiver via the remote. If you use the tv remote there is too much lag on wmc.

epayson85

I use a harmony elite lol. I researched it a while back when the pulse 8s came out. I never decided to do it but the pulse 8 software should do everything you need. To be completely honest though.. CEC IS CRAP. I know what I just said is about to start a Sh*t storm of controversy / internet trolls will feed off my words but what else is new. Go over to the AVS forums. There are plenty of people that agree with me on how awful CEC is. It's just not responsive enough for me. Too much lag. Even controlling something like the Amazon fire TV which has CEC built in doesn't work well in my opinion. Which is why I recommend using the wmc remote. It should help with the lag and the only lag should be going to the tv and av receiver but I can't speak from actual experience.

Damob9k

Thanks epayson85, I for one appreciate the honest opinion ... screw the trolls :)

I shall continue to suffer with my 3 remotes ... first world problems ehh !!  :wacko:

Vidman

I agree it's slow to navigate a ui..but it is great for auto switching inputs and controlling avr volume,both of which require setting up a universal remote or using multiple remotes otherwise

Edited by Vidman