Update 3.0.6020 on Debian Jessie Broken

Luticus

Luticus

Emby has gotten progressively worse for me over the last few updates.  It seems whenever I connect via the Emby android app over 4G the server quits responding for everyone, and the logs show nothing.  Now, however, the Emby server will not start and throws some nasty errors! 

InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Address already in use
 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) <0x41b9ba20 + 0x000ef> in <filename unknown>:0  
 at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.CreateSocket () <0x41b996a0 + 0x000bf> in <filename unknown>:0  
 at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener..ctor (SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener listener, System.Net.IPAddress addr, Int32 port, Boolean se
cure, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate cert, ILogger logger) <0x41b992f0 + 0x00227> in <filename unknown>:0  
 at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener (ILogger logger, System.String host, Int32 port, SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener list
ener, Boolean secure) <0x41b98db0 + 0x0035b> in <filename unknown>:0  
 at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (ILogger logger, System.String p, SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x41
b98810 + 0x000bb> in <filename unknown>:0  
 at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (ILogger logger, SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x41b98310 + 0x00153> in <f
ilename unknown>:0

This happens regardless of the fact that I've rebooted the system.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Just became a lifetime supporter and love the product so I would like to see this working :)

Also I would like a good way to roll back updates in the event that you guys break things again :)  Any suggestions on where/how to get .debs for the previous versions?

Luticus

Not sure what you mean by customize it.  Basically I deployed the server, let it get an address from DHCP, then reserved it in the DHCP server.  Emby detects the address just fine and the emby-server internal web page is accessed over https via it's FQDN which is set by A reccord in the onsite DNS server I've set up.  These settings haven't changed since the server was initially deployed.

Not really a problem now though as I remembered that I'm running Debian which maintains a cache of installed packages.  So I simply went to /var/cache/apt and pulled the .deb for the first version of Emby I had installed (3.0.5972) and overwrote the newer package via dpkg -i.  Now Emby works again.  I would still like an official source for old versions though because had I cleared my cache I'd have been out of luck.

I've instructed Debian to hold the package version at the 3.0.5972 version via 'apt-mark hold' to prevent any accidental upgrades.  So for the moment, I'm good to go.  That said, I would like to run the newer version of Emby at some point.  So hopefully whatever is causing the issue is resolved in the next build.

I think it is coincidental to be honest because the part that is failing here has not changed between these versions.

Luticus

Don't know.  My upgrade process is apt-get install emby-server.  Emby is the only thing this box is even used for and that's the only package really that's even been upgraded.  It's not like there's really any other software on the box to create conflicts, etc.  It's just a simple headless Debian Jessie install.  I upgrade and it breaks, I roll back and it's fixed.  No configuration settings change between upgrades and roll backs.  After upgrading emby to the versions between my first version the newest one I couldn't keep the server running.  The minute the server got any kind of load on it, it's RAM usage would shoot up to almost maxed out (it has 15 gigs) and the emby-server would quit responding.  Only restart the emby server would fix it, and only until the server saw any kind of load... and by 'load' I mean like 1 maybe 2 streams.  This was especially true when users connected via the emby android app.  Again, when I roll back, like magic the server works fine again.  The server only has like 2 users that ever really hit it at a time.  

On the newest version the server refused to start.  I made sure the process was stopped and not using the port, and I even tried a full reboot and was still shown the error that the port was already in use even after verifying via netstat that nothing was listening on it.  

So, again, I don't know.  I just thought I'd report it.  :)