There was an error playing the video

Badboy1311

Badboy1311

There was an error playing the video

I'm only very new  this site and had no experience with a server before so don't even know how it works!!

I've just used Media Browser 2 for many years and it was a work in the park to use but I just cant get my head around how this works.

But i'm coming up with the above Error message every time I try and play a movie. 

I'm running Windows 7 64it and the latest Version of Media Browser 3 Just Released.

I haven't totally joined yet as if I cant get these problems worked out cant see the sense spending twice the $$$ as I live in Australia.

It looks Awesome!! But just wont play!! You don't mind paying for something that works!! So Sync would be great or something to Help me!! Anything!!

So Could someone Please Help??

Ps. I would add/attach file or something but don't know how!!

Happy2Play

You will need to post your server log as mentioned in the how to in post #2.

Sven

Windows: %appdata%\Emby-Server\logs

Yes those are the files we need. Can you upload them? 

Badboy1311

Im trying to cut and paste them but my PC is hanging with the copy still on the screen.

Local host is not responding etc

Is it too much info that im trying to cut and paste??

Badboy1311

Edited by Badboy1311
Edit for readability.

Badboy1311

Hi Dev,

Thank you for your help!!

Is this the files you need??

Badboy1311

I mean Steven!! You can tell im new kid on the block!!

CBers

That's a transcode log - do you have the server log ??

Don't paste it here, but provide upload it to either pastebin, Dropbox or Google Drive and provide a URL here.

Edited by CBers

Happy2Play

Or if you select the More Reply Options at the bottom next to Post you can attach the log.

• Like 1

Badboy1311

Guys im so new to this and really have no idea what im doing when im trying to copy the file its so long.... I right click select all then copy then the screen hangs with the copy bit on the screen.....

And I don't know how to then try and paste the small line as above....

As can someone please explain how to use the hosting program to then post the link.....

I know I sound thick :(

Sven

Do you use dropbox, onedrive or any other platform. 

Then you also can copy the files to that service. And share it ..

Badboy1311

Hi Seven, Thanks for your help!!

Im sorry im a newbie as my tag describe me to a T

I haven't used any so don't know what to do from here....

I can get the files so I can see them on tab but from there ?????

I feel like giving up but your program looks to good to give up on as ive had MB2 for years and it was awesome but with help MB3 I hope??

Im willing to join long-term but I just need to fix this so it plays movies etc....

So please can someone talk me through the steps please??

Happy2Play

In your post select the More Reply Options button, scroll down to attach files and select Choose File, navigate to the server log file, select the file and click open.  This will attach the log file to your post and click add reply.

Badboy1311

ive finally got the script to paste in Pastebin.com what settings do I need to set to paste them on here?? 

EG. exposure??? Then to get the link??

Badboy1311

Thanks Happy2Play for helping steer me in the right direction as well!!

Much appreciated

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome. As a test, are you able to try a different browser? I see you are running Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7. Unfortunately this is a very old browser and we might not be able to support it anymore.

IE11 on Windows 8/10 is OK as believe it or not, it is not the same as IE11 on Windows 7. Can you try Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera? Those are all great choices. Thanks.

Happy2Play

That should be your issues since I can replicate it on my WHS 2011 IE11 but if I open Chrome it works fine.

Or try the webm plugin  if you must use IE.

Edited by Happy2Play

Badboy1311

Hi Everyone,

Id like to thank Colejack, Happy2Play, Steven, CBers, & Luke for having the Patients and sticking by me to get MB3 up and going for me as its now running awesome!! And playing Movies!! I know its just the start of what this program can do but i'm willing to learn with your help.

Firstly trying to copy the Log file it just wouldn't work as much as i tried different things it wouldn't work so i restarted Windows then i was able to copy the files finally and paste the into Pastebin.com then this morning waking up i got Luke's email to Use Google Chrome and it worked!!

So Yes finally a break through as I was getting so stressed to the point i nearly gave up as a newbie starting from scratch with programs that may seem so easy for people who use them i felt dumb and stupid.

But i'm so glad you didn't give up on me!!

And now hopefully i will learn more about this Awesome program with all you help and hopefully i will be able to pass this knowledge on to another newbie in time!!

So once again a big Thank you to you all!!

Cheers

Mark 

• Like 1

Thank you. For the next release we are going to not allow playback anymore on IE11 for Windows 7. It will just give you a friendly message suggesting that you use a modern browser.

• Like 1