EMBY in KODI LiveTV

Vitale4
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Vitale4

So, I have posted this before and am now getting back to it as I have more time now.  However, in Kodi I use the EMBY Plugin.  When I go to the section labeled Live TV Channels (Experimental) or Live TV Recordings (Experimental) I get soemthing which says "EMBY Error".  Any idea on how to get this fixed or allow LiveTV and Recordings to be seen through KODI?

I realize it states experimental, but it was working in the past.

thanks

Vitale4

Uploaded the Log.  The Time where I reproduced this is 9:00 pm...  I see this in the log...

21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby started
21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: Parameter string: ?folderid=root&mode=browsecontent&type=tvchannels
21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: Using Image Cache Thread Count: 0 -> 1
21:00:10 T:123145302839296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/V4Mac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 151, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/Users/V4Mac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 93, in __init__
                                                modes[mode]( itemid, params.get('type',[""])[0], params.get('folderid',[""])[0] )
                                              File "/Users/V4Mac/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/entrypoint.py", line 512, in BrowseContent
                                                utils.logMsg("BrowseContent","viewname: %s - type: %s - folderid: %s - filter: %s" %(viewname.decode('utf-8'), type.decode('utf-8'), folderid.decode('utf-8'), filter.decode('utf-8')))
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:00:10 T:140735202246656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folderid=root&mode=browsecontent&type=tvchannels
21:00:10 T:140735202246656   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.emby/?folderid=root&mode=browsecontent&type=tvchannels) failed
21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: Using Image Cache Thread Count: 0 -> 1
21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby started
21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: Parameter string: ?content_type=video
21:00:10 T:123145302839296  NOTICE: plugin.video.emby stopped

kodi.log

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Update to the latest version 2.2.18 and let me know if your issue is resolved. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Vitale4

Will do... Can I assume it is available through the KODI Module Update? or do I have to download through Emby?

Vitale4

That fixed it -- thanks.  Question, if you don't mind.

Will there be an ability to get the guide and not just the channels? and will we be able to select record as well?

Just curious as I really like this option and would allow for EMBY to be used fully and require me to setup a new PVR for KODI.

thanks again

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Glad to hear you fixed your issue.

To be honest, this was implemented as a temporary solution until an actual kodi add-on for emby live tv is created. There is no plan to expand upon this feature within emby for kodi.

• Like 1

Vitale4

ok -- EMBY has been a great product and to have to use other 3rd part plug-ins to use features already in EMBY is a shame.  Hopefully something will be out soon.

thanks for your help

ok -- EMBY has been a great product and to have to use other 3rd part plug-ins to use features already in EMBY is a shame.  Hopefully something will be out soon.

thanks for your help

Why not try Emby Theater instead?

Vitale4

Did not think about Emby Theatre -- Nead to do some research... What type of devices will it run on?