Library Metadata

acura4ever

acura4ever

The option activated is "Save metadata and images as hidden files" but it is only for new files added.

Actually, I didn't activated it when I first installed Emby, so all the "old" metadata is not hidden but newly added files are hidden.

Can you fix this bug?

Thanks.

Hi, welcome. This isn't a bug, this is expected behavior. You can easily mark files as hidden in your file explorer. (If windows, using windows explorer). We don't go back and do this for old files simply because it's too risky. If we get something wrong, the results could be disastrous.

acura4ever

Hi Luke, That for the response but i'm still not satisfied by it.

Do you understand that many people like me have huge libraries in emby and doing something by hand would be "disastrous" like you said? If you change it in your code, the result will be more consistent and have less error than editing all the files and changing it manually. If found difficult to understand that having the filename in the database, you cannot rename file that this name like the item + fanart/landscape/logo/poster and put it hidden. I work in IT and this option just need some more coding to fix this little option.

I want this option to be reconsider.

I'm available to talk more about it if you need have more question.

We can always consider it a feature request, but for now, we will just display a message saying that it only applies to new metadata going forward.

Maybe disastrous is an exaggeration, but there are reasons this cannot just be quickly thrown in there. For one, this is a process that could take a long time, and it is a process that could also fail for some files. So not only do we have to give you a way to monitor the progress, but we also have to give you a way to get notified of any problems. Building out the presentation for this is always the most delicate part, and it is better for us to just not have it at all until/unless it can be done right.

acura4ever

I understand your point of view. Please add this in your feature request. With the message now, will be more user friendly to understand what's under the hood. Will try to find a tool the modify theses files in batch automatically and recursively.

Thanks.