Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Features?

Crestj

FrostByte

save button in playback setting doesn't work

What about it isn't working right for you?  I just went through every setting and changed something and then refreshed the server and my changes appeared on the server.

Edit: nm it looks like the Play Next episode didn't change on the server, all the rest saved

Edited by FrostByte

BadgerJim

I like the look of this new version on my Windows 10AU, But with my system showing a memory leak issue, scrolling issues and some other bugs with the application I wish I had a way to have the version running before the upgrade. Or a way to revert to the version before this one. As a paying customer I feel I should have that option. Just saying.

7illusions

Sorry for any inconvenience. I had two options, either provide the new version for free to anyone who already paid for the app OR release it as a new app and charge for it again. I never even considered option 2..

• Like 3

Crestj

Businesses have customers, developers have enthusiasts!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BadgerJim

Sorry for any inconvenience. I had two options, either provide the new version for free to anyone who already paid for the app OR release it as a new app and charge for it again. I never even considered option 2..

Is there anyway to reinstall the older version now that I have upgraded to Win10AU, I think it is great you did it for free. I would pay for the new version just as I did for the older one I like. Hey you have to eat as well. Your work on this app has been great. Have it loaded on Surface 2, Surface 3, Desktop and Lumia 950XL and 950. Yes a bit of a Microsoft whore. But again, Love your hard work.  

• Like 1

As a paying customer I feel I should have that option. Just saying.

The app, and other store apps, run within the context of what is allowed in the app store. Does the app store provide you access to previous versions? If not, then that feedback should be taken to the Windows store.

• Like 2

onemoredave

Hey 7illusions and the team, just wanted to pop in and say a big congratulations on the app.  I think it's awesome!  No bugs, no complaints, just a pat on the back and another donation :-)

Love your work.

EDIT: how do you do ad-hoc donations these days?  I can't seem to find the button

Edit 2: That's actually a serious question, I'm already a premium member but I used to throw a bit more in the pot on big releases.

Edited by onemoredave
  • Like 1

7illusions

I've actually removed the donate button I once had.. I might add a IAP thing in the future though.

• Like 2

If I play something on my PC (UWP App or Emby Theater) and I use my phone as a remote control when i pause, I can not resume playback from the phone. I have to click on the App on my PC to restart playing. This is normal?

7illusions

It's not the intended way, but I can reproduce it.. I'll raise a bug and fix as soon as I can.

7illusions

It's not the intended way, but I can reproduce it.. I'll raise a bug and fix as soon as I can.

• Like 1

7illusions

Issue is resolved and made it into the update that starts rolling out in a few hours. :)

Nequit

Could you share what are the presets of the high / medium / low quality settings in the sync menu?

I have a feeling that the high quality preset might be a bit too conservative, since it reduced the bitrate of 720p h.264 file from ~1900 kb/s to ~1300 kb/s.

Edited by Nequit

7illusions

I wish I could.. It's a server setting. The app just passes one of the 4 values to the server and then it's handled serverside. @@Luke, is there a way to configure what the sync qualities map to?

icthusman1

@@7illusions Just wanted to chime in and say the app looks awesome so far. My only niggling issue at the moment is how the on-screen navigation bar is treated in mobile. I have a Lumia 950 XL and it always irritates me when I have to manually deal with the navigation bar. Some games hide it automatically, and some apps treat it like it's not available screen real estate. Your app doesn't seem to be aware of it. See the bottom of the screenshot.

57acaa2879983_wp_ss_20160811_0001.jpg

Is this something you can/will fix? Yes, I know I can manually hide it but it would be nice to have the app deal with it.

7illusions

@@7illusions Just wanted to chime in and say the app looks awesome so far. My only niggling issue at the moment is how the on-screen navigation bar is treated in mobile. I have a Lumia 950 XL and it always irritates me when I have to manually deal with the navigation bar. Some games hide it automatically, and some apps treat it like it's not available screen real estate. Your app doesn't seem to be aware of it. See the bottom of the screenshot.

57acaa2879983_wp_ss_20160811_0001.jpg

Is this something you can/will fix? Yes, I know I can manually hide it but it would be nice to have the app deal with it.

It will be fixed, I got a 950 myself and it's bugging me to.. It was working, but then I started playing around with xb1 optimization and broke it.. :(

Will fix for next version. :)

• Like 1

icthusman1

It will be fixed, I got a 950 myself and it's bugging me to.. It was working, but then I started playing around with xb1 optimization and broke it.. :(

Will fix for next version. :)

You're a good man. Can't wait to get the XB1 version. If I had a Hololens and Surface Hub then I would have this app on 5 platforms. Sadly, I can only manage 3 of the 5.

• Like 1

Issue is resolved and made it into the update that starts rolling out in a few hours. :)

Thank you for the fix ... But I found another way (I know, I'm boring).

Always with phone as remote controle and always with pause : after few minutes seconds (it's very (too) fast) in pause, the screen saver appears and if I resume, the show is playing behind the screen saver and doesn't want disapear. Action is required on the PC, I had to move the mouse to eliminate the screen saver.

I have an idea to fix this problem: launch the phone from my sofa on the mouse, but I have a doubt.  :D

Edited by Davco

ThermoDust

I can't seem to get the sign in to work. I am trying to connect manually to my server by providing the URL. When I clicked connect after entering the https and port the screen brings me back to the Select Server page with no server listings.

7illusions

I can't seem to get the sign in to work. I am trying to connect manually to my server by providing the URL. When I clicked connect after entering the https and port the screen brings me back to the Select Server page with no server listings.

And the server isn't running on the same device, right?

ThermoDust

Correct. Going from phone to server. Remote notwork and everything. Providing URL not IP address.