Newbie Emby problems

karnshome
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

karnshome

Hey guys I am new to emby and would like to get a better understanding on how to install this on my current system. I am running on a DS212 on DSM 6. I am not able to find the appropriate mediainfo file in packages center. I am also not able to determine the correct ffmpeg and Emby file based on my CPU/architecture which is 88f6282(armv5) . Does the appropriate file exist for my nas or do I need to downgrade my DSM in order for it to work. Can anyone help me out?

• 1 month later...
karnshome

guys so I got Emby installed on my server, but It is running so slow that I started yesterday afternoon to add my libraries and I am still attempting that at this time is this normal?

Happy2Play

;) Depending on the size of your library, it can take awhile.  Even on a machine with power a new library build can take more than a day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Internet speed may be a factor too, depending which options you chose for metadata lookup during the scan.

If your internet is slow, each of those meta lookups / image downloads can take a while.

Once it has finished the first scan, it should be much quicker on each of those tasks.

solabc16

Hello @@karnshome

Just wanted to check-in how are you getting on. If you're not running release 3.0.7200, then you can update easily via Package Center.

Feel free to send across your support logs and I can take a look at how your system is performing: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

- James

karnshome

guys well it has been a few weeks and my library is updated ,but  even though emby is running i am unable to log im and get to my movies in the browser page. On my amazon fire all I am getting is server not available. Although I have the correct ip and port ? Any help would be great at this point. I am a bit disappointed

solabc16

Hello @@karnshome

Just wanted to check-in how are you getting on. If you're not running release 3.0.7200, then you can update easily via Package Center.

Feel free to send across your support logs and I can take a look at how your system is performing: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

- James

Hello @@karnshome

Are you able to send your support logs across? Let me know if you need any assistance.

- James

• 2 weeks later...
karnshome

I do not know how to send reports. I am very much a windows guy, Linux is very new to me. How do I send it ? Also the new update is out but my system does not show the update option.