Roku Channel Crashes On Load of Live TV

nmbguy

Fyi, the additional parts api has been adjusted to just return 0 instead of throwing an error, that might allow the crash to be avoided.

@@econ @@dboyer @@Lyfesaver

Well shit... I am sorry d00ds.. Damn

I've compared 3.69 to 3.70 and found absolutely no differences that should crash the app. Is there someone with LiveTV having issues who can sideload the app onto their roku and obtain telnet logs?

I can't reproduce liveTV problems since I lack liveTV.

There are 2 ways to solve the problem:

1) sideload and telnet debug logs - the standard way

2) create an account I can use on your server. Then message me via PM on these forums the IP of your server. and the username/password I should use. This will allow me to see exactly what the problem is. This is the easiest way to debug liveTV. If someone is willing to let me hop on their server please respond in kind. Thanks ;)

@@speechles sending you a PM now with info

Thanks to all who offered servers to test on. The issues are now resolved.

@@econ was first to give server info. So used his server to correct the issues. I found and corrected 3 issues. Expect a new release very shortly. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

cgunther

I'm running 3.0.6060 on my server, version 2.2 build 4 on my Roku 3 (running version 7.2.0 build 4100-04), and I still have the problem.  dboyer, what version do you believe has fixed it for you?

Happy2Play

I'm running 3.0.6060 on my server, version 2.2 build 4 on my Roku 3 (running version 7.2.0 build 4100-04), and I still have the problem.  dboyer, what version do you believe has fixed it for you?

You need to use the Neon Blue Night channel as the Emby channel hasn't been updated.

@@Happy2Play is correct, the blue neon app has indeed conquered the bugs for liveTV. Bravo.. but.. I'm not a hoarder. I can share my finds with others.

To fix the official roku application:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Roku/pull/147/files#diff-e5bc36a2c55087d1284fc0345aaf5f21

Enjoy. :)

btw, @@Happy2Play did you notice your name when the app exits and it displays the goodbye dialog? Thx for all your help so far, and in the future too.

btw2, I found 3 issues in the blue neon app, one was in regard to how I handle audio streams, another was in regards to how I constuct continuous play and skip invalid entries. The official app doesnt have these two bugs. This is why to fix the official app is one fix, not the 3 I fixed in blue neon. Just trying to clarify.. keep things honest.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

cgunther

Finally found out something interesting on my home network.  I started looking at my server logs and I noticed errors trying to contact a tuner at an IP address that did not exist on my network.  A bit of looking around the server configuration and I found I had two HDHomeRun tuners set up; one at the bogus IP address I was seeing in the server logs and a second tuner at my tuner's real IP address. I deleted the bogus tuner entry and now I can stream live TV!

Edited by cgunther

• 4 months later...