Trailers - How to disable internet streaming to use locals only?

shadetree

shadetree

I purchase all my movies on discs and save them and the included trailers locally, I only have available limited expensive satellite off peak internet.   

My family inadvertently stream trailers if it's not a local, and there is no where I can find to prevent this within the Trailers Plugin or Emby Server.

If you have a local trailer it will always be given priority over streaming trailers. beyond that, if you want to completely eradicate them, then you'll have to remove the trailer channel plugin.

shadetree

1. I have removed the Trailers plugin and the behavior persists if the trailer button in the movie view is selected and no local is present. There is no way for users to determine if a local trailer is present.

2. Deleting the remaining trailer plugin files in the MediaBrowser-Server, will launch a new web page to the trailer link and play them remotely instead.

3. I reinstalled the plugin 1.0.5946.24707 with out Cinema Mode helps with auto streaming, but will still persist if no locals are present when selecting a trailer ref 1.

We enjoy the Trailers plugin wit Cinema Mode but would like to edit the script to stop only the internet streaming of non local trailers and if so, will it revert with the next server update.

Thanks 

Ok, that might be due to the presence of youtube trailer urls in your metadata. So the order of priority is local trailer -> trailer channel -> youtube urls. Unfortunately we don't have enough settings to do exactly what you want but one workaround is to remove the trailer urls from your metadata.

shadetree

I had tried do that workaround firstly but couldn't find a central location where the youtube urls are kept.  Deleting the link in each item would take forever for users  with large archives and would revert unless all were locked when a media scan is performed.    

Yea, it would. I was just trying to offer something that you could do in absence of settings to control this.

shadetree

Thank You Luke for your help and your passion to do so.

I will focus on any recent and future additions to our libraries once their setup for now.

Again, Thank You