Emby Theater Xbox One Freezing During Playback

Scott310

Scott310

Hey Guys,

Just over the past couple of days I have noticed that Emby theater for Xbox one has been freezing during playback of movies.  I though it might be a transcoding issue like it was transcoding too slow but I check the dashboard and the trasncode file was already completed a quarter of the way into the film. The only way to get the movie going again was to go back to the movie detail screen and resume from the last position.

Anyone else see this issue?

I will provide any logs or pics if necessary...

Thanks!

I did some extended playback tests for long periods of time the other night and it worked great for me. Granted, I think there are some Xbox One updates in process of rolling out and that could have some impact as well.

AndyBak

I've had this before a number of times and as said I also had to exit the show/movie and then resume to continue playing; however I don't recall this happening in the past couple of weeks.

AndyBak

Wow how's that for timing, same thing just happened twice whilst watching a small mkv file that was being transcoded.

AndyBak

Did some testing last night/this morning, and this issue seems to be dependent on file type as some files repeatedly play perfectly and others repeatedly fail. 

I've attached debug log files of one mkv file that always triggers a freeze.

server-63604915199.txt

remux-ec00bc19-a4f3-4c75-8155-1f794bbd4d4e.txt

remux-1952ff5b-7f22-4269-8ffe-2c8d1f8d7982.txt

remux-c70a9fc0-01ce-4044-bc68-bb49477afa66.txt

remux-9bfbc7d0-4d9d-48fe-9e32-06d999c7093d.txt

remux-6fc4de12-b226-448e-aa6e-e0a2fe1125ff.txt

remux-4d0e4f4f-ec71-4d4a-a22b-1faba0efcb23.txt

chef

As a fellow Xbox one theatre user, I also experince this. Usually happens with in ten minutes of a film. I am able to go back and resume the movie and it doesn't happen again for that item.

It happens spiratically and doesn't always happen for the same movie. If that makes sense.

I will supply transcode logs and server logs when it happens again.

It appears to be the same situation as the 360's used to have. Even when the file is correct video types/audio types it will happen. It appears to be when there is certain amount of motion on the screen, things like fences, lots of trees... its the weirdest thing ever. I've racked my head over it and it's not just movies, I can get it to do it on TV shows as well. I can skip forward, but that's a five minute time jump but wallah episode/movie still plays fine it was something in the scene on screen that it didnt like and that's with some of the tweaks/tips I even recommended in this other thread.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35153-picture-randomly-freezes-sound-carries-on/?p=332011

Backdrops on Xbox One need a disable option for the scrolling around areas, just kills the scroller on a server with a lot of content and I really wish I could see all my movies but there appears to still be a limit on the amount of items you can scroll to but I guess I should put these two things in a different thread.

Scott310

I hope we can see a fix for this. I watching a movie now and so far it has frozen twice. It appears to be transcoding just fine but then suddenly it will get pixel ate and freeze. I am loyal and want it to work. My family and my remote users have already abandoned xbox one and went back to there previous methods of connecting to the server...

Scott310

Also not sure if this helps but it froze just a minute ago and started playing again on its own but now the audio is out of sync with the videother and the trance file is already completed.

• 3 weeks later...
Scott310

Was Luke able to find anything in the sample file to indicate why this is happening?  My wife just told me that she couldn't finish the movie she was watching cause it kept freezing and she gave up... :(

I tested a 45 min episode a couple nights ago at 10mbps and it was fine. My xbox is only for emby testing though so there is no other software running out being used.