Up Next

melmac

melmac

Hi :) Long time Mediabrowser user new to Emby. I am viewing my media using the emby appletv app when watching a Tv episode right near the end a pop up appears telling me the next episode is coming up in 30 odd seconds and counts down. How do I turn this off?

It is very distracting when at that pivotal cliffhanger stage, earlier tonight it actually cut off the final moment of the episode and skipped to the next one I would like to disable it all together.

Thanks

Mel

corey

Hi @@melmac -- currently there is no way to disable this. It's definitely something that can be looked into though. @@ebr should we make this a setting?

You can turn off the auto queuing of the next episode in the Playback Settings menu.

That feature had nothing to do with your item being cut off at the end, however...

mgworek

When auto queuing was turned on when I first installed the app it would cut off my shows as well. I turned it off right away.

corey

You can turn off the auto queuing of the next episode in the Playback Settings menu.

That feature had nothing to do with your item being cut off at the end, however...

I saw auto-queueing as a different feature than showing 'Up Next.' I apologize if I have caused any confusion there.

I saw auto-queueing as a different feature than showing 'Up Next.' I apologize if I have caused any confusion there.

Technically, they are but the latter won't show if you turn off the former.

I don't think it is worth adding a specific setting for showing the overlay because very few people would find it and even fewer would understand what it was :).

corey

I don't think it is worth adding a specific setting for showing the overlay because very few people would find it and even fewer would understand what it was :).

Understandable :)

melmac

In the server I went to playback settings and ticked off play next episode automatically, I then restarted the server and the appletv but the pop up is still appearing is there something else that I need to turn off? If so where exactly 

In the server I went to playback settings and ticked off play next episode automatically, I then restarted the server and the appletv but the pop up is still appearing is there something else that I need to turn off? If so where exactly 

That setting hasn't been unified in this app yet (but I will get to it soon).  So, for now, go into the "Playback Settings" inside the app and un-check it.

claytonb

Is it possible for Emby to advance to next episode after last one has finished and simply press play to continue?