Xmltv with hdhomerun?

chuga
Go to solution Solved by rdaniels82,

rdaniels82

Chuga, you're using mc2xml and pulling from Microsoft servers.  I had the same exact problem with mc2xml, and couldn't figure why either.  In very fine print mc2xml says 

I figured this had to be the problem and gave zap2xml a try.

Luke I wont pretend to be an expert on this, do you think this is the problem?

Thanks.

Sorry, ignore that was looking at an old xml file.

• 2 weeks later...
farside847

Can zap2xml be integrated into emby? Maybe there is some permission needed from the developer, but it would be great to have a built in free source for guide data triggered as an emby scheduled task.

Also, can it grab more than 7 days?

Edited by farside847

Can zap2xml be integrated into emby? Maybe there is some permission needed from the developer, but it would be great to have a built in free source for guide data triggered as an emby scheduled task.

It's already integrated via generic xml tv support. just have xap2xml dump it to a file and emby server can read that file.

• 2 weeks later...
blade005

farside,

7 Days is the default, if you don't provide any input in command line script.

Below is the command line argument you can include if you want additional days pulled. At least this is what is  documented on zap2xml web page. http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

• -d <# of days> (default = 7)

blade005

current it is

<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

how should it read to work correctly?  I can try looking at some of the switches and xml.conf file

chuga,

I had the same issue with the line above in my generated xml file. I removed it and was then able to map all channels. Once this was done, then my guide was populated with information. I had the same worry of having to remove this line every time that the guide was updated. I did some testing and it seems like the guide will refresh with updated data even if you leave this line in after you map your channels. Your channel map will be empty the next time you check in Emby settings, but once they are mapped it doesn't seem to affect the guide being updated. I will have to run a few more refreshes to see if this continues, but it could be a way to have an automated bat file refresh the guide without intervention. Then, the line affecting channel mapping would only have to be removed if there are new channels or updated channels that you would need to make in Emby settings.

Thought I would throw that out there for you to consider.

I've adjusted the xml parser to ignore the dtd, so with the next release of the server that workaround will hopefully not be needed anymore.

• Like 1

blade005

I've adjusted the xml parser to ignore the dtd, so with the next release of the server that workaround will hopefully not be needed anymore.

Luke,

Updated to Beta 3.1.113.0 and can confirm that channel map is populated in Emby with the DTD line present in XML generated file.

Many thanks for the adjustment.

Hi Luke - thanks for implementing the server fix.

I have it all working great now - zap2it docker on unraid, cron generates new guide a few times/day (2 weeks data)

I just manually have to delete the dtd line so as soon as your server fix is in place it will all be automatic.

thanks again for all of the replies on this

• 1 year later...

zap2it is returning endless internal error 500's after using it one time.

[I] Parsing: SH027603110000
Getting: http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/gridDetailService?pgmId=SH018142550000
[Attempt 1] 500 Can't connect to tvschedule.zap2it.com:80

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried contacting them about this?

I haven't but it seems to be working regardless.

The icons it grabs however are extremely low resolution and only some have working transparency.

I just finished using zap2xml with a CONNECT and its extremely easy.   I think it only works for the US though.

http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Just follow the first 5 steps, point emby server to the XMLTV file and map your channels.

If you want channel and program icons embedded in the XML:  (took ~10 minutes for 3 channels)

C:\Path\to\Zap2XML\zap2xml.exe -u user@email.com -p password -i icon-folder-name -I

it grabs 7 days at a time so once you get it working the way you like, setup a weekly task with a batch file or cron job.

Hope this helps.

This is very similar to how i have zap2xml running, except i am on ubuntu. I am curious, does this also download the channel icons? I am trying to get that working on my system.

This grabs icons but they are horrible quality:

./zap2xml.pl -u [USER] -p [PASS] -i icons -A "new" -D -I

Rename icons if needed.

Only difference is it's Ubuntu so the ./zap2xml.pl & I also have some extra params:

-D = include extra program details = 1 extra http request per program!

-A "new live" = append " *" to program titles that are "new" and/or "live"

Edited by Xen0sys

The command i have been using is sudo ./zap2xml.pl -z -u ***** -p ******* -D 7 -d -J -i /media/emby/guide/icons2/ -I

Is it supposed to be the path to the directory i want it to store icons?

The command i have been using is sudo ./zap2xml.pl -z -u ***** -p ******* -D 7 -d -J -i /media/emby/guide/icons2/ -I

Is it supposed to be the path to the directory i want it to store icons?

If it works that should be fine. It doesn't really specify if a path is acceptable:

-i <iconDirectory> (default = don't download channel icons)
  • Like 1

Thank you very much. I am pretty sure icons are working for me now. 

I also bumped up the number of days for tv guide to 14 and gdamn my tv guide is nearly a gig in size.

Sorry, completely new to LiveTV here, so in order for this to work and make sure that there's an xml file for emby to pull from my bat file should look like this?:

C:\Path\to\Zap2XML\zap2xml.exe -u user@email.com -p password -i icon-folder-name -I -o <embyxmltv.xml> -J <xmltv>

?