Xmltv with hdhomerun?

chuga
Go to solution Solved by rdaniels82,

Hi

I was going to try out the new xmltv guide option but can't really find any info on how to set it up.

I did read where hdhomerun has guide info? If so is there a way for xmltv emby feature to pull in this guide info and avoid having to pay for guide data?

Thanks

No, the hdhomerun data is not licensed for general use. Xmltv is easy to setup but you need a source for the data. If you don't have one then I would check out schedules direct.

Did you try hitting "Add" on the guide providers and then selecting "XML TV"?

We cannot access the data from the tuner.

Ok thanks. I think this answered my question which is the hdhomerun data can't be accessed and used as guide data source

Besides schedules direct is there a list of other sources ?

Thanks

For our internal implementation, the options are SD or some other source provided via XML.

Schedules Direct is a very good service (especially in the US).

CBers

Schedules Direct is a very good service (especially in the US).

Works in the UK as well and costs $25 per year.

wally007

Works in the UK as well and costs $25 per year.

DVB EIT stream is free, more likely to be up-to-date and handles changes in schedule automatically... and it works all over EU.

• Like 1

• Solution
rdaniels82

I just finished using zap2xml with a CONNECT and its extremely easy.   I think it only works for the US though.

http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/

Just follow the first 5 steps, point emby server to the XMLTV file and map your channels.

If you want channel and program icons embedded in the XML:  (took ~10 minutes for 3 channels)

C:\Path\to\Zap2XML\zap2xml.exe -u user@email.com -p password -i icon-folder-name -I

it grabs 7 days at a time so once you get it working the way you like, setup a weekly task with a batch file or cron job.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I just finished using zap2xml with a CONNECT and its extremely easy.   I think it only works for the US though.

Just follow the first 5 steps, point emby server to the XMLTV file and map your channels.

If you want channel and program icons embedded in the XML:  (took ~10 minutes for 3 channels)

C:\Path\to\Zap2XML\zap2xml.exe -u user@email.com -p password -i icon-folder-name -I

it grabs 7 days at a time so once you get it working the way you like, setup a weekly task with a batch file or cron job.

Hope this helps.

Very good info, thanks!

Hope this helps.

thanks - this looks to be exactly what I was looking for.

After some support from the unraid forum I have zap2it running on the server and generating a guide.xml file.

In emby I loaded xmltv and pointed to the xml file (which is located in my appdata/zap2xml/data/guide.xml).

however I don't see any guide info appearing in emby.  I tried the "map channels" but just get an empty screen (see pic attached)

any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this?

thanks

post-1622-0-18704800-1469549975_thumb.png

thanks - this looks to be exactly what I was looking for.

After some support from the unraid forum I have zap2it running on the server and generating a guide.xml file.

In emby I loaded xmltv and pointed to the xml file (which is located in my appdata/zap2xml/data/guide.xml).

however I don't see any guide info appearing in emby.  I tried the "map channels" but just get an empty screen (see pic attached)

any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this?

thanks

Looks like either bad xml, or xml with no channels listed inside.

Looks like either bad xml, or xml with no channels listed inside.

Hi Luke - see attached.  It looks to have data / channels.   However I would not know if the formatting or something was corrupt.

thanks

guide.xml

Edited by chuga

Maybe it has epg data but no channel listing inside.

sorry I did not attach the file correctly - modified the post and attached guide.xml now

The problem is not the xml, the problem is the server is unable to reach your HDHR.

2016-07-26 11:36:51.3251 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://192.168.1.110/lineup.json
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.6000.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.15.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /config
	Mono: 4.4.1 (Nightly 4.4.1.0/4747417 Fri Jul  1 11:23:27 UTC 2016)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () <0x2b3cb00f5ea0 + 0x00029> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x2b3cb00f3d60 + 0x000b3> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x2b3cb00f3cc0 + 0x00093> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x2b3cb00f3c70 + 0x0003a> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () <0x2b3cb00f44e0 + 0x00017> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>c__async4.MoveNext () <0x4225be70 + 0x01039> in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host)
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x422f8200 + 0x001a3> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2 endFunction, System.Action`1 endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) <0x2b3cb0185e90 + 0x00088> in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	No route to host
	  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) <0x42274830 + 0x001b7> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) <0x42272d20 + 0x005af> in <filename unknown>:0 

Ensure that your HDHR is turned on, connected to the network, and that the tuner ip address in Live TV Setup is correct.

The problem is not the xml, the problem is the server is unable to reach your HDHR.

2016-07-26 11:36:51.3251 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://192.168.1.110/lineup.json
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.6000.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.15.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /config
	Mono: 4.4.1 (Nightly 4.4.1.0/4747417 Fri Jul  1 11:23:27 UTC 2016)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	One or more errors occurred.
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () <0x2b3cb00f5ea0 + 0x00029> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x2b3cb00f3d60 + 0x000b3> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x2b3cb00f3cc0 + 0x00093> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x2b3cb00f3c70 + 0x0003a> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () <0x2b3cb00f44e0 + 0x00017> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>c__async4.MoveNext () <0x4225be70 + 0x01039> in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host)
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) <0x422f8200 + 0x001a3> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2 endFunction, System.Action`1 endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) <0x2b3cb0185e90 + 0x00088> in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	No route to host
	  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) <0x42274830 + 0x001b7> in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) <0x42272d20 + 0x005af> in <filename unknown>:0 

Ensure that your HDHR is turned on, connected to the network, and that the tuner ip address in Live TV Setup is correct.

Odd - I was able to go click on a channel and it plays Live TV ok (see attached log)

see screenshot - the IP in the dashboard for the tuner not the same as the one you posted

post-1622-0-70876300-1469560764_thumb.png

server-63605087999.txt

Sorry, ignore what I said. Try changing guide.xml to remove the second line, the one with the doctype. then import it into emby again.

• Like 1

Sorry, ignore what I said. Try changing guide.xml to remove the second line, the one with the doctype. then import it into emby again.

that did it!  able map channels etc.

thanks very much for your instant responses today.

Is this an issue with the zap2it docker I am using?  

well yea it's pointing to a dtd that doesn't exist, so you'll need to keep on removing it. maybe you can configure the xml writer to not put it there.

well yea it's pointing to a dtd that doesn't exist, so you'll need to keep on removing it. maybe you can configure the xml writer to not put it there.

current it is

<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

how should it read to work correctly?  I can try looking at some of the switches and xml.conf file

Just try removing it. It says SYSTEM which i guess means it's supposed to be in some system defined location but i have no idea where that would be for your environment.

rdaniels82

Chuga, you're using mc2xml and pulling from Microsoft servers.  I had the same exact problem with mc2xml, and couldn't figure why either.  In very fine print mc2xml says 

Media Center Services - North America

After 10 years of Media Center legacy support Microsoft has switched their EPG provider for their North American listings from Zap2It to Rovi and have not updated their legacy service (listings run out on 2015/09/30). 

zap2xml is an alternative way to get listings from Zap2it. There are also other services from which to get TV listings. 

Donators using the Media Center Win7+ or OneGuide service will get listings from Rovi for North America, see here if you are having any problems. 

I figured this had to be the problem and gave zap2xml a try.

Luke I wont pretend to be an expert on this, do you think this is the problem?

Thanks.