Strange issue since upgrade

adamthayer

adamthayer

Just installed the latest upgrade to Emby on Ubuntu, and have encountered a strange problem: when I try to watch certain shows on the Roku app, it returns a "Content Unavailable" error, and tells me to check that the server is running. It is an error specific to the Roku app; when I load the same shows from the server itself (Firefox), or from my laptop(Chrome), they run fine. Most of the other content on the server runs fine in Roku as well, and these worked prior to the update.

I've tried rebooting the Roku, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and manually connecting vs using the pin, and it's still the same files with the same issue. Any ideas?

Which shows?

There was an issue that couldve wiped your seasons, this is how the roku handles this. Unlike most other apps, the roku grabs all the seasons episodes at once. You should just need to use the "scheduled tasks" tab from the server dashboard, and run the "clean database" task and let it finish. Have patience. Then run "scan library" and try some of these shows again, as it scans. Eventually they should work. They all should work once the scan finishes.

If none of the above works, can you be specific about how you are entering that tv series. From the homescreen using the "latest" row? From within the TV series screen using by letter? Through then use of the folders row and choosing TV? The specific way you use, helps reproduce the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

adamthayer

I followed Speechles' instructions to clean and re-scan the library Attempting to load from "TV" I pick "Library" then in "TV Shows" I pick the specific show, it says "Retrieving..." for about 20 seconds, and then I get the error.

Shows affected are Good Eats, The Simpson, and Warehouse 13 (roughly 1/3 of my TV library), all stored on the same drive as the other shows and movies that are working.

I tried to pull the server log through the browser interface, but nothing came up. The "Recent Activity" in the dashboard is empty as well; thinking I may have cleared it when I was in scheduled tasks? I'm not sure where the physical file is stored in Linux, but if you point me in the right direction I'll try grabbing that one for you.

Thanks for helping!

Do those tv series which cause the issue, have /season folders?

TV/the simpsons/season 01/the_simpsons.s01e01.mp4

This thread is related:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36966-Majority-of-TV-Shows-not-showing-seasons-or-episodes

Edited by speechles

adamthayer

Sorry it took a bit to respond, been a crazy week. Problem is fixed, or at least got a work-around for it.

The specific shows that caused issues weren't in season folders, partially out of laziness, partially because I didn't have complete seasons for some of them. Created season folders for them, ran a clean up, re-scan, and re-generated thumbnails to be safe, and it works fine now. Glad I wasn't the only one having that issue! Thanks for the help guys, I was starting to think I had lost my mind! :)