Can't skip Forward or Backward MKV video's

dolomats
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

dolomats

Hello,

I just finished installing Emby on my Cent'os server and all video are working fine exept MKV's i can skip it backward or forward is this normal ? or it s only me who having this issue.

Thanks for help.

Hi there, welcome. This is not normal. Can you please describe the issue in a little more detail? What happens when you try to seek?

dolomats

when i try to seek the bar dont move nothing happen.

and if u want to test by urself i can make u an account and u can see.

Thanks

Does the detail screen in the web client display media info at the bottom? if so, what does it say?

dolomats

hey men, that s a bit funny the referesh things made it work :P

Thank you soo mush for the live support :P

Edited by dolomats

• 2 months later...
ratbrain

Did not want to start a new thread as this is my exact problem.

Background.

Been using MB since version 1. Currently using it in my home on 3 clients running 2.6.2. 

I've been reading off and on new version 3.

Problem started recently when starting MB from MCE main window.  MB would take about 30 sec or so to respond as I think its reading cache of library.

Decided its finally time to embrace 2016 and install version 3.

Installed server app [windows 7] on my server where all media is stored

Decided to guinea pig my office PC and removed 2.6.2, then install version 3 client for media center

Went thru the install and setup with no issues.

Waited for some media to populate.

PROBLEM

When I play any MKV , I am not able to skip forward or backwards or resume.

Ive been reading multiple threads here the only solution that restored skip and resume, was uninstalling version 3 and going back to 2.6.2.

Can someone help?!?!

Edited by ratbrain

Did not want to start a new thread as this is my exact problem.

Background.

Been using MB since version 1. Currently using it in my home on 3 clients running 2.6.2. 

I've been reading off and on new version 3.

Problem started recently when starting MB from MCE main window.  MB would take about 30 sec or so to respond as I think its reading cache of library.

Decided its finally time to embrace 2016 and install version 3.

Installed server app [windows 7] on my server where all media is stored

Decided to guinea pig my office PC and removed 2.6.2, then install version 3 client for media center

Went thru the install and setup with no issues.

Waited for some media to populate.

PROBLEM

When I play any MKV , I am not able to skip forward or backwards or resume.

Ive been reading multiple threads here the only solution that restored skip and resume, was uninstalling version 3 and going back to 2.6.2.

Can someone help?!?!

Hi there, we're very sorry to hear about this. This is not normal. If you could please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue, we'll do your best to help you. Thanks !

Just borroing this thred for a simmerlay thing,

I cant skip Forward/backward if im transcoding, if it direct play its no problem.

the bar is moving but nothing happens to the movie.  ( only tryde on android and mkv file type not mp4 files)

/Regards

Just borroing this thred for a simmerlay thing,

I cant skip Forward/backward if im transcoding, if it direct play its no problem.

the bar is moving but nothing happens to the movie.  ( only tryde on android and mkv file type not mp4 files)

/Regards

If this is android we pushed out a fix for that a few weeks ago, just make sure you're running the latest version of Emby Server.

If this is android we pushed out a fix for that a few weeks ago, just make sure you're running the latest version of Emby Server.

hi then its back again,  if i have it at 1mbps i can't fast forward   running the latest version off emby.

A just remembered im using the beta app so it must be that then. going to try the standard version an se if it works.

/regards